Suicide Silence

*AUTHORS NOTE**

I wrote this story for an english assignment at school early last year, i was/am going through similar things and thought i would publish this.....

After a gruelling day at school, I drag myself off the school bus and walk slowly across the street to my house. I get through the door and go down the dark hall to my bedroom, where I dump my black studded bag onto the ground, next to my bed. Throwing myself onto the mattress, my long jet black hair falls onto the white pillow. After a few moments, I snatch one of my new razors off the bedside table and roll up the sleeves to my black shirt. I’ve done this a million times before.

The silver blade shimmers at me, almost as if it’s laughing. I stare at it, breathing in a deep lungful of air before finally slicing my wrists, digging the blade deep into my flesh. When the red droplets rise to the surface I start on my thighs and hips. The red droplets representing the tears I can’t shed, sliding smoothly down my body, before being hidden from those closest to me. These scars are a terrible symbol of my typical afternoon.

During the day I keep my head down. All seems fine until a group of boys in my art class decide to grab a pair of scissors, and mimic the act of slicing their wrists. “Hey, Slasher!” They yell cruelly across the room.  Everyone in my school knows about the cutting and it has been a nightmare. This has been happening for almost two years but I can only talk with my counsellor, Kirsty. Nobody else understands. I only have a few good friends; Scarlet, Cherry, Jet, Blake and my boyfriend Josh. Even they struggle to comprehend why I do this.

Back in my room I get up off my bed and walk through the door into my adjoining bathroom. Opening the cupboard, I grab 3 bottles of pills. I don’t care what they are. I empty five of each into my hand. Lifting my head back I swallow them quickly, then walk into my room and collapse onto my bed. My eyes focus on the ceiling until it clouds over and I find myself drifting into the comforting shadows.

A shrill scream wakes me. My eyes are too tired to open. I can hear someone talking somewhere. It seems far away, but after a moment the sound booms near my ear. Words begin to replace the noise.

 “Sky! Sky, Wake up! Please wake up!” It’s Josh. His pitiful moan brings me too but everything feels heavy. I groan as I open my eyes. I look into Josh’s bright blue eyes, so full of life. I try to breathe but air doesn’t seem to come in. I can feel my eyes beginning to close again. Josh hugs me tightly and shakes me awake. “Don’t leave me! Please don’t leave me!” He cries. My body is too numb to respond. I feel pins and needles, my head is getting light and I see black spots as I try to waken.

I can feel myself being pulled into the air. Josh is carrying me. I smell his musky scent and I realise I want to live. My body slams into a cold, hard surface and I feel icy water on my face. Josh is shaking me harder! “Sky! Damn it! I love you! Don’t do this to me!” I hear the word love and my mind starts to kick into gear. He has never told me before. Why would I want to enter the cold darkness of forever, when I know he is waiting? I try to open my eyes again but I’m too weak.

Suddenly I feel fingers in my mouth, reaching right into the back of my throat. My body responds and I feel my chest heave. I feel a release as the contents of my stomach make their way into the bath and I cough and splutter. Finally the lead in my eyes has lifted and I look into Josh’s eyes once again. “I’m sorry,” I groan. He looks relieved and hurt but I know his love will pull me through. He reaches into his pocket and I hear him call an ambulance. “I love you too!” I whisper when he is done. He just nods and slips into the bath behind me, cradling me until the ambulance arrives. My fear of death is now bigger than my fear of life. I want to feel love like this and I know if I drift into the dark, I never will.

                                                                                  ...