The Truth Comes Out

"You really want to know? Now?" His tone was almost amused. 

I cracked a smile and nodded. "I need to know Elliot."

He motioned for me to take a seat back on the couch. Slowly I walked there, tempted to take it back and just leave but I know I couldn't run away anymore. It was useless.

He sat next me, this time very close, and messed with his hands. He took a deep breath and looked me in the eye. "Are you sure you're ready to know this? It isn't going to be pretty."

I smiled faintly. "Breaking up with someone is hardly ever pretty. Go on, before I change my mind. I can take it."

"Okay..." He took another deep breath. "My parents to everyone else were perfect. You know how everyone would compliment them and the young couples at the time would always look to them for advice about their own relationship. But in reality they've been a mess since day one. They would fight non-stop until the very end. Then there was the day he left and never stepped foot into the house again."

I remember that day. He was out with me, of course and we decided to go to the movies. The worst phone call to get when watching a romantic comedy in the theater. He was crushed.

"Then a couple days later, my father called me again. You know how close we were and everyone else in the house was sure he'd never pick up the phone or visit us again. But he called me, which even though it sounds terrible, felt amazing. But the phone call wasn't exactly great."

He grabbed one of my hands and started playing my ring finger. "You know, on my way to go to his house before we talked, I wanted to buy you something. I looked through all the fantasy ring shops but either they were too dull or way too fancy. I was actually going to pay this little girl scout to make you those rings you love out of colorful string. It was supposed to be some type of meaningful string too, like, you will live forever if you believe you can. I knew you'd get a kick out of things like that."

I smiled. Why was it that all this time, girls my age have been looking for their one true love and all that annoying crap and they never bothered to look at the one person who has and probably always will be there for you? Why hadn't I seen that early with Elliot?

"But I decided I would go after I talked with my father. I arrived there, and he was sipping on his coffee, watching sports. It was... indescribable Vi. My father was standing there, the one man I had always looked up to, who recently left his family and he looked so casual. I blew up."

"He let me scream at him for awhile until I couldn't speak anymore and he explained to me how he'll always love us but he needed to get out of that house. It had nothing to do with us. When I asked what he meant he told me about the type of fights my mother and he would have. It was mainly about the direction of raising us kids. But the top argument was, well about you."

I didn't try to hide my shock expression. "What does he have against me?" I had to ask.

"He didn't like how free-spirited you were. And he absolutely hated how you loved to act, knowing how good you were. He knew you would go off and do better things and he told me

'Elliot, if you truly love that girl. You better let her go before it's too late. I tried to hold on with your mother and look what happened. So I'm telling you right now, let her go."

"Apparently my mother had a dream to be an artist and instead followed my fathers dream with building a family. She loves us more than life itself but resents my dad for pressuring her to do something she didn't want to do. So they fought and fought. I was fucking terrified Violet. I thought that me being here and not wanting to leave the area would force you to end it with me. Not only that, if we did eventually get really serious, we would end up right where my father was. My father he... he gets in my head and it becomes a struggle to fight him off. After I told him no, he told me that I'd regret it. Which only meant him doing the worst to me."

"What?" I asked suddenly afraid.

"He threatened to send me away."

I leaned back in the couch exasperated. So that was it. He hated me for what happened to his wife. Thus, forcing Elliot to break up with me. I couldn't even be mad at him because I know that if my mother had done something like that, I probably would have done the same.

"So that's the reason why I broke up with you. I was a coward. I am a coward. But I swear Violet, I will make it up to you. I'm not letting my father control my life anymore."

I shook my head. "You are not a coward Elliot. You were trying to protect me. You were also trying to protect yourself which I can't ever blame you for. But this does make me want to fight for you more. We'll try and figure out a way to work past this Madison thing but for now you have to be the perfect boyfriend to her. She is still carrying your child."

His face fell but then quickly picked up its light. "What if... She isn't pregnant?"

I almost choked on air. "What??"

"I'm not saying she lied for sure but how do we know that she isn't lying? That she is just playing some sick game?"

"Elliot.."

"No, I've watched this type of soap opera with my mom plenty of times. There are people out there that purposefully lie in the most extreme of ways. Maybe she's some controlling psychopath. From what you told me of that day she told you she was pregnant its definitely likely."

I shook my head. That's not true. She may be a horrible brat but she wouldn't do that. All she wants is attention-- she probably purposefully got pregnant if anything. "Whether that's true or not. We have to keep up with the events. What's happening this month?"

He ran his fingers through his hair. "Uh.. oh shit" he sprang up from the couch. "The lake house cabin. We were all going to the lake house cabin."

My eyes went wide and I looked at him like he had a monkey on his head. "Are you kidding me? We're still going to that?"

"Of course we are. It's not really something we can refund. My... Father set it up." His jaw clenched.

I stood up and rested my hand on his shoulder. Man, if it was up to me, I would just kiss him and forget about everyone else. But I know I can't do that. I shouldn't do that.

He turned to face me and based on his expression I could tell he was conflicted too. "Can we go to the park tonight? You can have Sean drop you home and I'll go home too. We'll meet up where our street curves into each other and we can easily sneak out. What do you say?"

Before I could give an answer his lips crashed onto mine. I internally fought myself to push him away, to tell him it was wrong and this was definitely cheating, but I couldn't. I needed this kiss too much.

He broke away quickly leaving me dizzy and slightly irritated . "Sorry, I know Scarlett is still outside."

Shoot!

"I have to go, like now." I tried to shuffle behind him but he tugged at my arm. "Wait, what's your answer?"

I bit the bottom of my lip considering my options and he laughed. "I love it when you do that." He said huskily. Warmth shot through me but I pushed it down. No, bad hormones.

"Fine. I'll go. But no funny business, not until we figure everything out"

He smirked. "Who me? I would never do something like that."

I rolled my eyes and made my way towards the door. "Oh yeah sure of course not."

A/N:This is not the end guys. This is just where I'm stopping until I edit it. I love how much you guys love this story but please please please STOP asking if this is it. It is not it. I have a job and a life. Pls let me live lol 

Also have a great day <3