Chapter Sixteen : Katheryn

"Katheryn!" Frosty screams. 

"Don't die." Jason urges.

"We need you, Katheryn." Erin pleads.   

"I'm gonna get you, Katheryn." It growls.   

"Katheryn." Luna whispers.   

I wake in a cold sweat. I sit up on my elbows while the sun shines in my eyes.

Knock, knock   

It's probably my ladies... again. "Come in," I call. It's Frosty and Jason.   

"Good morning, Kat," Frosty cheers.   

"Hey," Jason says.   

I rub my eyes and yawn. "What are guys doing here?"   

Frosty giggles, "Sky is having a really big party later this evening!"   

"It's not really a party. It's just a celebration that lots of people are attending." Jason adds.   

"What are we celebrating," I ask, stretching.   

Jason grumbles, "Well, since you seem to have forgotten, we did win the war almost a year ago."

Frosty beams, "And, Sky is welcoming a new headmaster! You're gonna have another little helper!"   

It's been almost a year since Erin died. I didn't take it very well; I didn't even attend the funeral. I don't want to meet the person replacing her. 

"C'mon Kat, everyone wants you to be there," Frosty urges. "This party is also for you since we couldn't throw you a welcome home party last year."   

"They want me to be there or I have to be there?"   

"A little bit of both," Jason answers.   

Frosty says three women will be waiting for me on the second floor to pamper me up for the "party."

"You need it 'cause you look ridiculous," Jason jokes.

"Look who's talking," I respond.

"Nope, nope, nope," Frosty says. "It's too early in the morning for that."

Jason just shrugs his shoulders before leaving.

"I thought you two got along, now," Frosty said. "What happened?"

Jason and I have been apart for a year now, so we didn't really have a chance to grow closer. Besides, it's not like we were friends before. A lot was happening last year and we both just got caught in the moment.

"It's complicated," I answer.

"Oh, sure. It's complicated." Frosty adds air quotes around the last part.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing," Frosty says with a smile on her face. "Just hurry and get ready."

***

My ladies-in-waiting were waiting for me on the second floor as Frosty said. The first woman, Sarah, was plump. The second, Mary, was extremely thin and looked as if she was in pain. The third, Emily, looked a little too excited to see me.   

"Oh Princess! I'm so happy to see you! We are gonna make you look fabulous, just fabulous!" Her wings continuously fluttered.   

Mary quickly added, "Not that you don't already look amazing."   

I follow the women into the indoor beauty salon. Yes, this Palace has an indoor salon. I can't believe I've been missing out on this for the past 18 years.