Chapter One ~ Detention Slip

So I want to make a dedication to one of my best-wattpad-friends, Taylor. You are such an amazing person, a great writing and so so beautiful. I was crying tears of joy when I got your letter. Thank you so much for the encouragement

_____

“Alice! Wake up already!" a booming voice called. 

My long messy brown hair tangled around my face as I groaned on my bed in annoyance, covering my entire head with the pillow to pretend that the voice I heard didn't exist. I hoped that the voice would just disappear so I wouldn't have to get up from my nice, cosy, warm bed. After several moments of silence, I relaxed, letting my body sink into my bed once again. 

Finally, I don't have to get up this time. It was almost too good to be true.

I let head rest on the fluffy pillow and let my mind go back to sleep with a heavy sigh. But it wasn’t meant to be, and it wasn’t long until the blanket covers were torn away from me, letting the cold wind get to my skin.

"Alice, I told you to wake up five minutes ago," ordered a strict voice.

I knew it. 

I groggily sat up on my bed. My eyes felt heavy, but I managed to open them with a scowl on plastered on my face, only to find my older sister, Veronica, standing in front of me. Her dark midnight black hair and deep blue eyes shone from the little light in the room. Many of her facial features were the same, to the point that she looked just like an older form of me but with longer bangs that covered most of her forehead that framed her face. The only other difference was our hair and eyes. My hair was a dark brown --thanks to a bottle of hair dye-- and my eyes a dull green. She greeted me with annoyance clear on her face while I glared back but she stood there unaffected. 

Why do you have to be invincible to my glare?

"Alice, get up. You're going to be late for school," she ordered.

"I don't want to," I quickly groaned, picking some sleep crust from my eyes. I fell back on my bed and pulled the covers on top of me and tucking them tightly over my head, moaning from the energy already used. But Veronica didn't let it go. Pulling the covers away from me, she took me by my hand and dragged me in the bathroom where my uniform hung clean and crisp on a hanger. She started running the shower, the steam filling the room and fogging up the mirror. 

"Take a shower and get dressed. If you're not down by the next twenty minutes, you can say good bye to your dinner," Veronica said on the other side of the door.

"Fine, I'll be down there!" I yelled in annoyance. Soon, I heard footsteps leaving and scowled at myself in the cloudy mirror. "I hate it when she uses food against me.”

I sighed and decided to hurry up with, considering my sister could get harsh when she gets annoyed, and my dinner was on the line.

It was the same thing every morning, Veronica would go downstairs to the kitchen to eat something for breakfast while scowling. As always, waking me up annoyed her. I don’t see why she doesn’t let me sleep in, its not like I went to the majority of my classes anyways. Ellyse, my younger twin, would be sitting quietly and happily eating, acting the part of the perfect girl she was. 

        I jumped out of the shower, the cold air felt like ice on my recently warm skin. Lukewarm water dripped off my hair and trailed down my back.  After drying off and lazily blow-drying my hair, I started  getting dressed, which included a half unbuttoned shirt, a loose tie and a nose piercing that said a bit 'Fuck You' to the school rules, and made my way down the stairs.

"Good morning," Ellyse greeted Veronica from the table sweetly as she took another bite of toast.  My sisters hadn’t seen me yet, Veronica was never this smiled around me. exhaled to calm herself down. She walked over to the kitchen table to grab her mug of hot coffee that steamed a delicious aroma.