Chapter 2- A Kiss

I wake up with his arms around me, my head pressed to the pillow and my eyes sort of tired and foggy. I feel warm, and considerably happy. So I don't particularly want to get up. So I just stay there for a while, enjoying his warmth and closeness.

But I do have to go to work. One of the more unfortunate parts of being an adult. I reluctantly slide out of bed, carefully untangling myself from his arms. He stays asleep, as usual. That's ok, he has the day off. Most of us don't, but he's an associate. They have privileges. I like working though. I'd probably go insane with nothing to do. I quietly walk out the door, shutting it as softly as I can. I walk a few steps down the hallway to my own apartment. We're lucky to have gotten ones so close to each other. Shauna choose to live in a dorm. She likes the social life, I suppose. Something about what happened in the initiate dorms turns me away from that. You just never know when someone might decide to go crazy and throw you into the chasm, right? But she wanted to keep in touch with her friends. Mainly Chase. They aren't dating yet, but in my mind, it's only a matter of time. I step into my apartment, unlocking it with the keypad on the door. It saves time; not having to worry about losing a key. I pull my hair into a pony tail and change clothes quickly, glancing at my watch. I have to be up in the Spire in 10 minutes. I grab my gun on the way out, shoving it into my waistband and shutting the door behind me. Everyone is armed most of the time around here. It'd be stupid not to be.

I take the stairs, wanting the extra exercise. It's always a little unnerving though, the way that they are made of glass. It almost seems like you are going to fall through with every step. I've tripped plenty of times, don't get me wrong. But it's also really edgy. I push open the fogged door to the computer room just on time, and Shauna raises her eyebrow. "Nice of you to show up." Four says, a slight smirk on his face. "I'm on time." I say with a sarcastic tone. He nods "Barely." I hear him mutter under his breath. I roll my eyes and sit down, preparing to listen to pointless teaching strategies that are supposed to help with the initiates. I think it would only be useful if we were trying to teach them how to write 5-paragraph essays. Which we all agree isn't in their best interests as Dauntless.

The computer is the more important part. We go over all of the different firewalls and programming tasks at the start of each day. Shauna calls it our warm-ups. Almost like we were putting our brain through gym class. Which is, I suppose, strangely accurate. Our computers are very high security though. It can access all of the other faction's data. Each faction has one. It's also useful for discovering information on Erudite. For example, it is brought to my attention that they have full access to and even run our simulation data. This makes me, as well as Four, pretty anxious, and paranoid. He shows us how to block them from our information, and how to control theirs as well. I think he knows more than they intended him to. Shauna seems confused as to what we could possible need this for, but I know. Four is just as aware as I am that my mother is planning something involving the Dauntless. Probably using simulations. But he doesn't say this. "We need to be able to gain control. And free ourselves from control, if necessary." He says at one point. He's trying to protect us all. And I'm going to do my best to help him.

Zeke tries to steer clear of Shauna and I on our Fridays, and with good reason. We reserve every Friday night as a 'Girl's Night Out', if you will. There is obviously a bar in Dauntless. We don't tell the initiates, however, that there is also a club. That's where we go dancing. Shauna likes to drink as well, but I like staying sharp. I do see Zeke briefly after work, but he leaves to go watch some fight with his brother and Chase. It's supposed to be going down by the chasm or something. I don't really mind, since Shauna insists on a several hour preparation for our few hours of dancing. It's quite the process.

"Black, or black?" Shauna asks, holding up two dresses, glancing between the two. I laugh and point at the one on the right "Definitely black." I say. I does have less glitter, after all. She sighs "Always Cal." I tilt my head "What's that supposed to mean?" She raises and eyebrow "Oh just badass, not a girly-girl ever Cal." I grin widely "I'm going to say yes to that." She glances toward the closet, and then her eyes widen. She drops the dresses, and rushes over, grabbing pair of heels laying on the floor "You have to wear these." She insists. I sigh "Fine. But no dresses." She pouts "Ok, but skinny jeans are a definite." I nod. Better than something I can't move in. I pull on the pants and heels, wincing as my foot is wrenched up 4 inches past where it is supposed to be. This is going to hurt. All night. I don't know how she walks around in these all day. She does my makeup, bold and dark. My eyes pop, even without all of the glitter. I grin into the mirror. I've always thought I looked good this way. Shauna poses one last time, and then walks to the door "Let's go!" she chirps, and practically pushes me out the door.

The music is loud and the room is full of loud, young, and unruly Dauntless. 16 is the legal drinking age here. Young, compared to other factions, like Abnegation. The drinking age is never when you live there. But we figure the initiates might need it. We mostly have to sit, thanks to these dumb shoes. Still it's fun to talk, and to watch Shauna get slightly drunk. "So Chase sat with me at lunch today." She says slyly, and takes a drink. I raise my eyebrows "Oh! And what happened next!?" I say sarcastically, propping my head on my hands like a silly schoolgirl. She laughs "Well, he asked me to dinner. You know, away from the dining hall." My excitement is real this time "No way." She smirks "Yes way."

By the time we get out of there, Shauna is more than a little tipsy, and I've ditched my heels. I wasn't about to walk down the chasm path in those. I support her with one arm, just in case she falls over or something. She giggles suddenly and points at Zeke walking into the tattoo parlor. Tori greets him as warmly as she usually does. I'm surprised she's still open. But, it is Friday, and people tend to get tattoos when they're drunk. Shauna pulls me behind a door in the hallway, leaning over me to watch. "What-" I start, and she shushes me. "I am not spying on my boyfriend!" I whisper yell, thoroughly annoyed. She pouts "But he might take his shirt off! We are so staying." I slap my forehead, shaking my head. But there's no sense in arguing with her when she's like this. She won't remember it anyways. Then her does take his shirt off, and Shauna sighs "Lucky." I look at her incredulously. She really is drunk! Tori's eyes also linger a little longer than I would care for them to. But Zeke isn't really paying attention, so I tell myself to stop worrying. But something nags me. She is only 20, and pretty. I mentally slap myself. Cut it out. Zeke is yours. But I can only watch in horror as Zeke goes to sit down, and she stops him, putting a hand on his bare shoulder. My heart pounds as she leans in and kisses him.

A/N: Here comes the drama.... all dressed up like Tori! Excuse me signing lol. Anyways, if you enjoyed, slap dat vote button, and stay Dauntless:)

-Argo