Obstruction of Justice

Hey, I'm back! I got a couple of good ideas for this chapter and later ones, so get ready for that! But for now, enjoy! ~Kyoko-Chan

I sat with my arms crossed for the second time that day at the T.N. I groaned and turned to face the off-white wall to my right. I tapped my foot impatiently on the cheaply carpeted floor, burning a hole in the wall with my eyes. I glanced at Logan and Calvin briefly, taking in their expressions. 

Calvin looked only slightly worried and he seemed like this happened all the time. But his energy told a different story. In my head I could see him nervously pacing and swearing under his breathe. I frowned and turned my attention to Logan.

Logan was calm like the sea before a storm. His hazel eyes stared dead ahead, and he scowled slightly, but other than that he seemed fine. I felt his energy next. I could see him with his arms crossed and sitting no different than he was already. The only difference was his scowl was more intense. 

I raised an eyebrow and looked at the wall again. I heard the door open a few moments after, Mane Deae and some other person marched in. Her fists were clenched tightly at her sides and her companion didn't seem to happy either, but his attention was on Calvin. 

The young man next to me seemed to lean closer to me when another man arrived. Calvin's shoulder pressed against mine, and we exchanged an awkward glance before returning it to the newcomers. 

The youngest of the three looked like Calvin. He had darker blonde hair so it was almost brown and the same green eyes. He was about the same height too, except he was slightly taller. I glanced at Calvin again and he nodded. Okay. so that's his brother. The other man had salt and pepper grey hair and a Santa beard. He had stony grey eyes that looked like the colour of sidewalks. 

"Mr. Solis we're going to speak with you first." Santa stated, motioning for Logan to follow. He looked at me as he left, causing me to worry a bit more than I needed to. 

"U-umm, what are they gonna ask us?" I asked Calvin. His eyes were still glued to the door where his brother walked out. He leaned back in his seat and shrugged, starting to pout. I pat his shoulder and he looked up at me.

"So what's the deal with your brother?" I asked. His green eyes slightly narrowed and huffed. 

"Well, if you must know, he doesn't approve of what I do."

"You do the same thing don't you?"

"Yes, but he doesn't use confusa, nor does he approve of my, uh...habits." He muttered. I blinked, he seemed reluctant, should I ask? 

"Habits?" I questioned. He sighed and tipped his head closer to mine. 

"Well, I might, maybe...sometimes drink a little bit too much..." Calvin whispered, rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled sympathetically and leaned on his shoulder to comfort him.

"That's okay. I think you're alright, I'm glad you told me. There's always gonna be people that judge you. I would know." I admitted, leaning on him a little but more. I could hear his steady heart beat and the rise and fall of his chest. I stared into space, trying not to think about my mother, who was my  harshest judge.

*Calvin*

Katie leaned her head on my shoulder and exhaled. 

"That's okay. I think you're alright, I'm glad you told me. There's always gonna be people that judge you. I would know." She said softly, the weight on my shoulder getting a little bit heavier. I blinked and stared at the girl next to me. A faint heat dusted my face and I looked away. Why does her opinion matter so much? I mean, I'm Calvin, the lover of women. Do 'em and dump 'em Calvin!