1

Niall's POV:

It was in a cardboard box, you know, one of the brown ones. The shape of it was weird, and at first, I had no idea what was inside. All I could see was the huge writing that had spelled out my name.

NIALL,

It said on the side. I took a step closer, careful not to touch the Christmas tree with the tip of my nose and inspected the box. But then I found out. I'd found out what it was. It was an instrument.

The first time I'd picked up my very first and own guitar, I didn't know how to use it. I didn't know that the stuff called 'chords' existed. I strummed along to the music that played on the television or on the radio. At the time, I thought that it sounded pretty amazing. Looking back now; I wish I could delete those moments of my failure from my memory, yet keep them there forever to remind me of how this wonderful adventure started.

When I auditioned for the X-Factor, I didn't have a girlfriend. I didn't dream of having one; because I didn't need one. However, the bigger we got, the more we travelled and the more I was stuck with five boys, I began wanting and needing one. I wanted somebody to love. Somebody to cuddle at night, speak to during the day...I'd always said I can't help but look for my future girlfriend in the crowd; I always thought that my other half would be somewhere in between all those fans in one of the cities we've been to, wanting me as much as I'd want her. None of us have ever dated a fan, but I most certainly wanted to. All I wanted is to know that she wouldn't love me just because I'm famous or just because I'm surrounded by four good looking lads everyday. I wanted the girl to love me for whom I am; my sense of humour, my personality... It didn't matter to me if the girl was going to be pretty or if she would look like she just woke up; I knew I'd fall for the personality. The looks didn't matter to me. Fans would always tell me I'm beautiful, but no-one will ever be as beautiful as them; not on the outside, on the inside, however.

When my favourite artist ever, Michael Buble released that song, I knew that deep inside, he was thinking of me. Maybe he had the power to see the future and to know and feel my future feelings? Haven't Met You Yet was my life's theme song. You know, like they do in movies. There's usually a soundtrack for the movie, seven up to about thirteen tracks, all made for the new film. If I had to create an album for my 'movie' (aka. Life), Haven't Met You Yet would be the only song up on there. Not that I didn't like anything else, I absolutely loved The Script and Westlife, but none of them were related to my life as much as that one song. Little did I know, I have met the person God wanted me to fall in love with. And that person wasn't ordinary.

I sometimes thought that I would imprint on someone; you know, like Jake and his gang does in all the Twilight books and movies? But then I have to pinch myself and tell myself to get back to reality. You know how Jake imprints on Renesmee? He says that he will wait for her until she grows old enough to date him. He doesn't leave her alone, even though she's a little half vampire and half human baby and he's a werewolf. Let's put it this way. Let's say I imprinted on a 6 year old girl. In our world, that would make me a sick paedo, am I right? And if I was to say I wanted to wait for her; I'd either have to speed her growing process up or freeze myself for a few years. I might've been in a different world when I picked up the book, but as soon as I put the book down, I had to blink a few times to know that what I just read was only a matter of imagination coming from the author. Love wasn't magic; you couldn't just imprint on someone and love them for the rest of your life; right?