Chapter Seven

Louis POV

A dirty curtain cuts off half of my vision. My body is curled up in a dirty wash tub in the shared bathroom. A shadow appears soon to be followed by the owner. Macy. I knew she was going to come here very soon.

The sink runs steamy water fogging the room up a bit. I remain silent. Some words are exchanged with her self but only as a mere whisper. She leans over making contact with the surface of the hot liquid. Macy straightens up wiping her face of unwanted drips. Walking out she stops. Turns around and looks directly in my direction. My heart races unknowing what will happen next. She just walks away like nothing was here. A sigh escapes my lips.

I stand up, knees cracking.

"Ow.." Stretching out my limbs I make my way towards the door. My head peers out the opening to make sure no one suspects anything suspicious. Once it is noted that everything is clear I head down the hall way. Voices are distant. Must be the boys talking about the adoption.

My mind wonders off to what it would be like to be a father of some one who was "less fortunate". Mindlessly walking i feel a body collied with my (Must I add toned) chest.

A wide eye Macy stares at me with a surprised look. I return the jester with the same expression. Foot steps are approaching our direction and coming closer as we just stare in shock at each other.

"Whoa. Did I interrupt something I here?" He says shocked to find us both close to each other. The rest of the boys come gathering in as well as Ms. Hart. They all share the same face of what the heck is this.

"Macy, would you like to tell me what is going here?" Ms. Hart says with some rage peeking through her face. She raises her eyebrow and stares deep into her soul. My body shudders a tad just thinking about if she was looking at me.

"U-uh. Umm.... Well... You see... That um" Macy opens her mouth but seems her words got caught in her throte. I rack my mind to find something to say. Ding! I got it.

"What I think Macy is trying to say is that we were just... having a conversation about getting to know each other and that I was just about to walk in to meet up with the lads when we accidentally decided to go in the same directions causing us to bump into each other."well that was... decent... silence soon falls between everyone. Then Ms.Harts voice cuts it. And no not like cutting the cheese.

"Well, then I'm sure that we should carry on then shall we? Mr. Tomlinson I presume you are the guardian to be of this child?"

"Yes, I am." a smirk plasters on my face as a wink in Macy's direction. I know exactly who I am adopting.

I take the papers that are handed to me. I sign the designated areas for the new guardian. There are some few terms that I quickly read, like if this child does not behave or you act inappropriate while holding this child in care they will be taken back yadayada. The papers are finished being signed and are handed back.

"I think that covers it! Here you are. Macy why don't you pack your bags and come with your new daddy!!!" A wide smile beams from my position to hers. Thoughts pour into my mind thinking how we are going to create memoirs to cherish and than those that should perished. This can't be happening. A slow numb feeling cruises through my veins.

On the other hand Macy does not seem thrilled. She's just standing in her spot just staring at me. Unimpressed thoughts must be rushing through. I can only imagine what it is like to belong to a new family of strangers.

Her face blank. No expression shows through her doll like face. She walks up stairs in a robotic way. Boots thrumping on the stairs as she ascends. Turning back to the boys, they hold a what the heck just happened face. I just shrug and follow Macy up the steps.

She reaches the door and stands there for a moment before entering. I decided to stay at the entrance. A dusty old carrying trunk is pull out from under the poor excuse if a bed. Not many items fill the thing. Heck, I'm not even sure if it goes half way.

Macy stands up and quietly whispers "I'm ready". I nod and reach my arm out for her to take but she just ignore it.

We get downstairs to where the boys and Ms. Hart are located. Ms. Hart has a pretty big grin on as she sees me coming. I try to return the favor but only a little smile could break through. Seeing Macy in a depressed safe like this makes me feel heart broken. I know I have only know her for a few hours, but it feels more like months, days even.

But what is really unexpected is what is happening now.

Sorry I have not been updating and that this chapter is kinda stinky and shirt but summer is on it's way soon a d I'm hoping to update more then! So i'll see you guys around, right? Hope you like my books,

-Leah

(P. S Happy Memorial Day!)