Chapter 16 part 2 Origin Story

"As you can guess, I wasn't kicked out of my pack, I ran away. I was the pack punching bag, those training sessions were pretty bad, but the injuries didn't end there. During gym class I was injured several times when trying to participate in group activities and trainings. Everyone hated me, calling me names and tripping me in the halls. I was usually excluded from pack runs and ceremonies because the alpha feared other packs would see me: the weak link. My own m-mate..." my voice cracked and I looked away to the wall to my left so the Alpha couldn't see the tears welling up in my eyes.

"My mate rejected me, so I ran. I ran all day and I slept under a tree that night. The next day I was taking a break when suddenly these two wolves attacked me. I got one of them, who tackled me into a creek" I made a confused face, "who...who was that...by the way?"

Alpha Thomas looked away, "well the one who tackled you is Chase. My beta" he said informatively.

"And the one who howled loudly?" I asked looking up and into his eyes.

"Um.. that was me" he said, almost embarrassed, and looked away from me.

I was surprised Alphas are capable of embarrassment and I looked away from his figure, holding back a smirk, my hair waterfalling down to cover my face. Alpha Thomas stood up and awkwardly walked to the door, placing his hand on the silver handle.

"You may leave whenever you wish. You're welcome to stay if you would like." He murmured and opens the door.

I would have loved to stay, considering I had no where to go. But... what if they don't accept me because I came from another pack? Honestly I was surprised he was letting me stay at all, usually packs don't allow new members when they're as powerful as the Crescent Moon pack was.

"Wait." I said quickly and looked up at him where he stood at the door, his back to me.

He turned to look at me slowly, his big hand lingering on the door handle.

"Where.... where will I stay?" I asked, hoping he didn't think I was going to take advantage of his hospitality.

He chuckled lowly, "follow me" he said, amused.

I breathe a sigh of relief and follow him out the door and into the gray and white hallway that smelled vaguely of chlorine. He led me up a set of stairs, as it seemed their pack hospital was just a floor below everything else in the pack house, and a few pack members bowed with respect as Alpha Thomas passed. It was weird that there weren't very many people wandering around; it was about lunch time. Speaking of lunch, my stomach growled angrily and I blushed as Alpha Thomas turned to look at me, smirking that stupid smirk of his.

"Hungry much?" He asked grinning.

I shot him a dirty look, "no way, how did you know? Was it the way I walk?" I asked sarcastically before biting my tongue a little, hoping my attitude wouldn't get me into trouble before I'd had a chance to earn the Alpha's trust.

He laughed a deep laugh and grabbed my hand, "follow me and I shall lead thee to food" he says in an awful british accent.

I smirked a little, thrown off by his sudden playful manner, and stood straight, "I shall follow thee, for only thoust know where to find the food of the kings" I said and giggled.

He stared at me, as if surprised at my response, and I suddenly got insecure, wondering if responding to his joke was a bit too much. He suddenly snapped out of his daze and pulled his hand away from mine and turned around. Alpha Thomas led me to a grand kitchen on the ground floor of the pack house with a full fridge, large, shiny appliances, marble island counter tops, and white sleek cabinets; I stared in awe.

"Cook much? Or do you just prefer to stand and stare at the food?" He asked and looked away as he grabbed a large watermelon off of the counter and began to cut into it.

I blushed and wanted to hit the Alpha, his playful nature throwing me for a loop as I stared at his back. I wondered how the most powerful pack alpha on this side of the country could have been so easy to convince. He didn't off any debate or rules for me; he simply listened and allowed a stranger into his pack. His behavior during our discussion confused me, but what confused me just as much was his suddenly playful nature. Alpha Thomas barely knew me, for all he knew the story I had told him was untrue, yet he grabbed my hand and made jokes with me as if he'd known me always. I bit my lip a little and wondered what life would look like in the Crescent Moon pack; what would they do when they tried to train me and they realized I was so weak? I fiddled with my hands as my anxiety filled my mind with fears.

If the most powerful pack in the area accepted a pack member who cannot fight, not only would their reputation amongst other packs be damaged, but they would have a weaker pack for it. It's hard to fight in battle when an Alpha cannot have full faith in his forces. Fear surged through my body as I wondered what would happen when they found out I'm a white wolf but I wasn't the strong and powerful white wolf they would want. Would they throw me back out to the woods, or would they kill me? I could never tell them about my gifts, they would want to keep me and use me for my gifts, draining me every day until I died. My hands shook slightly as I began to wonder if joining a pack so focused on war was the best idea.