Chapter Nine - Blame It On The Alcohol

Copyright © Ella-May 2014.
All Rights Reserved.

[A U T H O R S N O T E—Dedication goes to @wasema for making me the new, beautiful cover, so thank you greatly for that! The banner on the side is the beloved Kian, finally showing his face! What do you guys think of him? xx.]

Children Of The Night: Chapter Nine – Blame It On The Alcohol

[Z A Y N]

                “Screaming in the dark; I howl when we’re apart, drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart.”

“And he just… drove away?” Kian asked me, tone almost shocked and brow creased as he leaned across the table in effort to get closer, “After everything that happened?”

I let my face fall into my open palms and sighed, a deep, breathy sigh from my chest, one that I had been doing quite a lot recently, ever since he had left me, “Yep, exactly that. Told me to leave, kissed my forehead and dismissed me. You know what he said, K? When I asked him when I would see him again?”

Kian blinked for a moment, and then licked his lips, “What’d he say?”

“He said to me, ‘you’ll see me in your dreams,’” I told him softly, a frown tugging at the ends of my lips at the repeated words.

Kian sighed, then, and dropped back from his forward crouch, back into his seat. “Zayn,” He said, voice soft, barely audible, morning dew eyes big, almost guilty, “I’m sorry,”

“It’s not your fault,” I told him, for what had to have been the tenth time. He only waved me off, again.

“But it is, Z,” He whined, his own lips a soft, pink frown, “I’m the one who got you all set up, determined, dressed up and confident, just for you to get knocked down. I built your hopes up, and now it’s all my fault that you’re so sad,”

“No,” I told him, my tone suddenly s little stronger, a little more spiteful, “Don’t dare blame yourself, Kian. The only fault lays in the hands of Liam Payne, he’s in the wrong here,”

“He doesn’t deserve you, Zayn,” Kian told me, eyes flickering up, shiny and still wide, “You’re so kind, so sweet, so beautiful and pure, and what did he do, when you just gave yourself to him? He rejected you. He must be some kind of dumb fool,”

I sighed softly once again, running my fingers through my mussed black hair, “I just feel so stupid, so embarrassed, so played, dare I say,” I admitted, voice shallow and low, “I threw myself at him, literally, I told him I was here, so why wouldn’t he take me? And he just… just tossed me aside, like a toy. He doesn’t even care about me, he’s just a coward.”

“If he can’t admit to himself that he likes you, Zayn, then you’re right. He is a coward.” Kian said, curling his hand into a first so that he could rest his chin on it, “He’s too afraid of this new thing, this new feeling. He’s never had the warm sensation of caring about someone else before, and he’s afraid. If anything, I pity him more than the other emotions. He’s just like an afraid little high school boy, who doesn’t understand the bubbling feelings inside of him when he gets them for the first time,”

“Kian…” I sighed, looking up to meet his eyes, “Do you think it’s stupid that I still don’t hate him, after everything he’s done,”

Kian smirked at this, lips lifting up into his fond, cheeky grin, “Only you, Zayn,” He started, tone edging more to a lighter one, “Only you would run back to those who hurt you most. I knew you loved the heartbreakers, I knew it,”