On The Trail

The three warriors left the bar, and hopped onto their horses. Daniel rode in front, and Dianna rode with Andrew in the back. Daniel looked to his left and saw Zhou riding next to him. Andrew saw this man appear out of thin air, "Who is this guy?" Andrew said. "This is Zhou, it's a long story as to why he's here, but he's a good guy." Daniel yelled back. Zhou rode ahead, "Follow me, there is an abandoned town just up ahead, I fell an urge that there could be something of great importance here." Zhou said. Zhou rolled back his sleeve, and saw a glowing blue marking on his arm, in the form of a map, telling him where to go. "It's just up here." Zhou said, as they came upon an ancient city. The buildings looked like they were burned, and there seemed to be no sign of any life here. They slowed their pace, and trotted through the deserted street. "Where are we?" Dianna said. "This city once helped New Alexandria and New Marianne become mega-cities. Once they rose to power, they left this town in the shadows, causing business to slow, and it's life to decay. Then it just fell off the map." Zhou explained. A gunshot sounded and everyone stopped in their tracks. "What was that?" Andrew said. Daniel had already hopped off of his horse, and drew out his pistol. Daniel ran down the street, and waited outside of the alleyway, before creeping in. Daniel saw two dirty, and rough looking men holding up a man. "You are going to give us that artifact, you hear? I don't want another murder to weigh on my shoulders."  A man said. "That won't be a problem." Daniel said, pressing the barrel of his gun against the man's skull. The man tried punching Daniel, but Daniel blocked the hit, and put him in a choke hold. The man's partner tried shooting Daniel, but hit his partner. Daniel threw the corpse at the other guy, knocking him to the floor. "If you don't want to become a rotting corpse, like your friend here, I'd suggest you get out of here." Daniel said. The man slowly got up, and ran away. 

The innocent civilian went up to Daniel and thanked him. Andrew, Dianna, and Zhou walked into the alleyway, and saw the civilian hand Daniel some money before walking away. "Zhou what was he digging for." Andrew said. "It's an artifact to the Gods of the underworld." Zhou said. Daniel went into the hole and picked up the golden statue, and inspected it. The statue was of a two-headed wolf, standing on it's back legs, holding a curved sword. Daniel took off the statue's head, revealing a liquid inside. "I want to check something out." Daniel said. Daniel walked up to the dead man on the floor, and poured a drop of the liquid onto his forehead. The dead man instantly began moving, before slowly standing up, and felt his hands. "What's going on? Where am I?" The man's shaky voice said. Zhou looked at the man again, in awe at the fact that this liquid can bring the dead back to life as people, not as zombies. Zhou teleported the artifact into his hand, "I will see if the elder gods can make a duplicate of this substance, I will return shortly." Zhou said, as he teleported to Acention. Andrew and Dianna sat next to Daniel and the man. "What are those guys watching us for?" The man said. Andrew turned to see a group of Azrathian swordsmen running at them. Dianna and Daniel shot at the advancing forces, and Andrew ran forwards, attacking. Daniel joined Andrew in combat, and Dianna climbed onto a roof. Daniel stabbed a swordsman through the stomach, and Andrew slid past Daniel, sweeping a swordsman off of his feet, and decapitated a swordsman. Daniel used the crossbow on his forearm and shot two swordsmen in the throat with it. A cloaked Azrathian assassin crept up behind Dianna, and withdrew his blade. Dianna heard the rubbing of cloth behind her, and ducked low, with the blade just missing her. Dianna fired back, with the arrow grazing the assassin's shoulder. The cloaking device deactivated and the assassin jumped onto Dianna. The two rolled off of the roof, landing hard onto the ground. Daniel kicked a swordsman in the jaw, and punched another in the chest, breaking the swordsman's ribs, before driving a knife through his neck. Daniel and Andrew finished off the rest of the swordsmen, as Dianna still struggled with the assassin. Andrew pulled the assassin off of her, but was instantly stabbed in the leg. Daniel hit the assassin with the handle of his pistol, and kicked him to the ground and shot him in the head. Another group of Azrathian soldiers appeared, "Let's go, through this door over here!" Dianna yelled to Daniel and Andrew. Andrew waited by the entrance, as Daniel and Dianna were about to escape. "What are you doing? Let's go!" Dianna yelled. "Get out of here, I link up with you when you've successfully escaped." Andrew said, fending off the swordsmen. 

Daniel watched, as Andrew took out several swordsmen in a row. Dianna hopped onto Daniel's horse, but Daniel was knocked  to the floor by an assassin. Daniel fought to his feet, and brawled with the assassin. Daniel hooked a punch to the assassin's jaw, and kicked him in the chest. The assassin was knocked back, but ran forwards, punching at Daniel. Daniel tilted his head forward, causing the assassin to punch his forehead, hurting the assassin's hand. Daniel grabbed assassin by the head, and thrusted his knee forwards, breaking his jaw, and kept punching him repeatedly, before grabbing the assassin's knife from his belt, and shoved it through the assassin's eye. Daniel kicked the knife further into the assassin's eye, killing him. Daniel hopped onto the horse with Dianna, and rode away.

Zhou returned, seeing a bunch of swordsmen attacking Andrew. Zhou took out his fire staff, and clubbed several soldiers in the face. A swordsman attacked Zhou, but his attack was countered, and Zhou lit the swordsman on fire. Andrew stood up, and killed all of the swordsmen surrounding him. Before any others could get close, Zhou stepped in front of Andrew and shot a fireball at the rest of the swordsmen, lighting them ablaze. Zhou twirled his staff, and transferred it into a healing staff, healing Andrew's wounds. "Thanks a lot." Andrew said, shaking Zhou's hand. Andrew and Zhou hopped on their respective horses, and rode out of the town. The four regrouped and checked if there was anyone following them. Daniel turned to see a dark horse, with a man on it, killing any soldiers that were alive.

The warriors setup a camp in the middle of a forested area, and set a place to sleep. Daniel sat by the fire and unfolded the note in his hands. Daniel stood up and wandered into the forest, with a sword in his hands. Daniel stopped in place, and a deep, sickly voice spoke to Daniel. "Looking for someone?" A man said, from on top of a tree branch. The man jumped down, and Daniel ran towards him, and swung his sword at the man. The man dodged all of Daniel's attacks, and pushed Daniel backwards. "Listen to me." the man spoke, but Daniel was already coming in for an attack. Daniel's attacks were blocked, but Daniel punched the man in the face, causing the man's mask to fall off. Daniel looked to see a zombie-like man kneel down and hold his face. "Dad..." Daniel said. The man stood up and looked at him, before turning and hopping onto his horse and riding away. "He is not here to talk, but you will meet him soon." A faint woman's voice said to Daniel.