Chapter 4 ~ The news

~Zayn's POV~

I haven't been walking for four days. No, I've taken a stop in Bourne, where I still am for the moment.

It's late in the evening and I'm resting in my hotel room. Yeah, I thought I deserved this room for a longer stay than normal. Besides, the food is good, plus, I've more than enough money. I don't need it.

I'm staring at the television, but I don't see a thing. The device is on and the colors are flashing by, but my eyes don't focus on them.

My mind is elsewhere. My eyes are seeing the icy blue color of the eyes I saw four days ago... again.

Stupid I didn't ask for the guy's name. I really want to see him again. I know there is something special about him. The way he whispered that sentence.

"You don't know half of it."

I know I wasn't supposed to hear it, but I did.

He's hiding something and I'm curious what it is. Maybe he is like me. Maybe he's the one that turned the guys in Dublin in ice statues.

And when I think of his eyes, the color they had, it might be possible. Everything about him screamed ice. His blond hair, his eyes, and... wasn't he wearing gloves?

He was.

My eyes widen in shock, then anger.

I was so close. I met the boy who's the same as me. Hell, I talked with him! Stood next to him! And then left him, not even noticing that it was him I've been searching for. I walked away from him.

Angry at myself I stand up from the bed and kick the table. "Damnit!" I yell and feel the heat starting to form all through my body.

Slowly I try to calm down. I make my breathing slow down. If I get worked up now, I'll put the hotel on fire without even wanting to.

"Just calm down, Zayn. Your deductions can be wrong." I say to myself and think about those words.

They're right. I mean, I have no proof.

The color of his eyes could be easily explained. He could have been wearing contact lenses. I mean, I wear contact lenses too and I'm sure many people do it.

His hair was obviously dyed blond, so that explains his hair color.

And the gloves, well, it was pretty cold outside I must admit... Well, at least I think so. I'm always warm.

I sigh and sink back down on the bed.

I need to learn not to assume things before I thought about the possibilities.

"Something unbelievable has happened in Spalding last evening."

My head shoots up when I hear the newscaster say those words. I met the boy I can't seem to forget in Spalding.

My eyes are focused on the television once again. This time they see the people on there. They see the face of the boy with the icy blue eyes.

"This boy was filmed in a pub in Spalding last night. He did something that no one knew was possible, and lucky enough, someone was able to film it on their phone. I have to warn you, the images are shocking."

Then I see some unclear video of the pub. Suddenly someone screams and the camera turns right in time to see the boy and some old man. The quality is clear enough to see that the man, who's touching the boy, is slowly freezing. Ice covers his body.

The boy's eyes are wide and in panic. It's clear he didn't want this to happen.

Then they zoom in and I know for sure it's him. The boy I met four days ago.