Chapter Thirty Eight

Planet of Chikyu

The trip from Noxin to Chikyu took over a week and Kayla was feeling the strain from having to share a small sleeper with Kaelen. Walking to the admittance desk she glanced back at Kaelen, flattening her lips into a line she hoped they'd never share a sleeper again.

"Next in line please step up," the man at the gate waved for Kayla and Kaelen to come to his desk.  As they approached he glanced at them, "May I have your identification cards please."

Kayla reached into her bag and pulled out their Dayum cards and waited patiently for the man to inspect them.

"What brings you to Chikyu, Ace Rose," asked the man as he frowned down at their cards.

Kayla glanced toward Kaelen as he nodded before turning back to the man, "We are honeymooning."

The man looked at them sternly, nodding he handed them both back their cards. "How long do you plan to be here?"  When Kayla shrugged as an answer he chuckled, "Enjoy your stay on Chikyu."

Kayla placed the cards back into her bag and let Kaelen lead them through a long white tunnel.  As they were exiting the tunnel they both paused to view the metropolitan site.  Not many planets had large cities, so they stared in awe of the hundreds of buildings that were fifty-plus stories."

"Excuse me you're blocking the exit," said a male voice nastily.  As they stepped out the way he muttered, "Bloody bumpkins always in the way gawking at buildings."

Kayla giggled as she heard the man's accent, "Where are we staying?"

Kaelen sighed as he tried to remember the name of the hotel they were supposed to stay at.  Finally giving up on remembering he reached into his bag and pulled out a hand held.  "We're staying a Vermont Suites."  Grabbing Kayla's hand he pulled her toward a waiting taegsi.

"Where would you like to go," turning around the taegsi driver frowned impatiently waiting for one of them to respond.

"Vermont Suites on Vermont and Pilsen," chirped Kaelen as he stared out the window at the buildings with wide-eye enthusiasm.

The driver frowned at them as he drove through the winding and crowded streets until they came to a stop at a building that had at least 100 stories.  Paying the driver 2 royals they exited and walked into the hotel.

"This is nice," said Kayla as they walked toward a smiling man in a gray suit.

"Welcome to Vermont Suites," the man beamed at Kayla and Kaelen as they approached the lime stone and marble desk.

"Hello, we have a reservation under Rose."  Kaelen looked around the large entry and nodded in approval as he looked up and saw all the way to the top floor.

"Here is your room keys," passing a pair of black and silver cards to Kaelen he continued to smile. "Enjoy your stay on Chikyu and here at the Vermont Suites."

Kaelen and Kayla walked to the elevator excited to see what the two-room suite would look like.

As the doors closed Kayla looked at her brother, "I'm so happy to be able to have my own space after 7 days."

Kaelen nodded and gave a small smile, "Yeah.  Me too."  As he said the words he sighed in relief because Kayla's scent made his fangs drop and it was starting to hurt and annoy him.

**********

At the same time on Ah'Taria

Lucas stared at his hand held and smirked as an idea came to him, "Jacob.  I want you to place a request out for Kaelen and Kayla's detainment.  Place a 1,000 royal reward for anyone that can give information on their where-abouts."