B.L.A.C.K

At the top of the skyscraper stood a lone woman, tears in her eyes, a tiny baby in her hands. Her feet inched closer to the brim of the wall she stood on, her arms recoil for a fraction of a second, gripping the baby tighter. She looked down at the little face under the covers, squirming and cuddling into her arms in the freezing wind, frowning as a tear lands on its cheek. She took a deep breath. Fear that filled her eyes now shifted to apathy, tears stayed where they were.

Her arms stretched out in front of her, the grip loosened and she lets go of the baby.

She stared at the tiny falling body, feeling nothing at all for a second. Almost immediately, she is gripped by fear. Fear at the sight of black wings, a figure catching the baby in midair. It stayed where it caught the baby, staring up at the woman. Terror seized her as her eyes locked with the jet black pupils. The figure started flying towards her. It approached fast, paralyzing her from moving back. As it reached her, it slowed down. Winds raged around her, jet black hair covered the face of the savior of the baby, except for his eyes. The dark piercing eyes that stared at her as it slowly flew up, holding the baby tightly in his hands. With one last bat of the wings, he flew above, soaring high into the night sky.

She touched her forehead and picked up a dark feather, staring at it in disbelief. She looked up again but there was no sight of the winged figure.

Except for the black feather she now held tightly in her hands.