Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Wendella pulled down on the red dress she was wearing, red, the colour to bring out passion. It was a little too short and was making her uncomfortable. Lila, a new friend, had made had helped her to pick out the dress from the Christina Gianni store.

The dress was indeed gorgeous. It was made out of soft satin material and hugged all of her curves. It was bound to make Kyle crazy about her. Her blond hair fell over her shoulders in soft honey blond curls, making her look like a Victoria Secret's model.

She was surprised to discover that Kyle had arrived at Joel's before she did and she was five minutes early due to her excitement and nervousness. As soon as she entered the restaurant, she saw a stunning blond boy sitting at a table overlooking the window. Her heart always beated faster when she saw him, it was hard for her to get used to fact he was so good looking. His blue eyes looked up at her hopefully as she walked towards the table unaware of everyone around her.

"Wendella." he got up from the chair and stumbled in process. "You look absolutely breath taking." He had eyes only for her.

"Thank you. You look good as well," she smiled shyly and sat down in the tall wooden chair.

"I can't believe that the prettiest girl in the room is sitting across me." He had got a bunch of red roses for her. He picked them up and grinned at her," These are for you beautiful."

She couldn't believe her luck. Her eyes went wide as she took the flowers from his hand, "You're so sweet. You got these for me?"

"Only for you," he said affectionately.

A stray hair had fallen over her face, so Kyle bent towards her and tucked the stray strands behind her ear. She got delightful chill due to his touch.

"So, what will you have?" he asked.

"Anything at all," she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. He was making her feel so special. It was going to be the best day of her life.

"Would you like some creamy mushroom pasta and coke?" he asked considerately.

"Sure."

"One creamy mushroom pasta and coke for the lady," he told the waiter when he had appeared to take the order. "I'll have the same."

He closed the menu shut and said to Wendella after the waiter scurried away, "All the time you were right there in front of me and I never noticed you? How can that be possible?"

"Maybe you just needed the right moment," she blushed red.

"These are the wonders of destiny...I can feel it. It's like...I can't explain," he said frustrated because he couldn't find the right words.

After gathering up courage she held his hand, "I understand what you mean. I feel it too."

He leaned back and clasped his hands together. With a charming shake of his head and a beautiful smile he said, "It's crazy, Wendy...Like I have this connection with you and you're so pretty..."

"Thank you Kyle. Your friend Brittany seems to have a problem with me though I think..."

"Brittany?" he laughed. "She has a problem with everyone."

"I just don't want to cause any rift between you guys that's why I'm telling you," Wendy smiled saucily.

That was the first thing she wanted, to cause a rift between Kyle and Brittany because Brittany had always been mean to her.

"It must be because her boyfriend seemed more interested in you today. I noticed the way he was falling all over you during History," he said seriously. There was nothing jovial about him at that moment. In fact he looked a little irked.