Cougar's Mate

Cougar's Mate

Heart of the Cougar, Book 1

Terry Spear

Cougar's Mate

Copyright © 2014 by Terry Spear

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without written permission from the author, except for the inclusion of brief quotations in a review.

Discover more about Terry Spear at:

http://www.terryspear.com/

Dedication

I have more of a time with trying to figure out names for my characters because… I have soooo many characters. So thanks to all my Facebook fans who come to my aid and help me out.

Blurb for Cougar's Mate

Shannon Rafferty learned that hanging out with the bad boys could be a dangerous business, but hooking up with a cop was even worse. Now she’s on the run, trying to avoid being murdered by his cougar shifter brothers and uncle. If that isn’t bad enough, a deputy sheriff hunts her down while she’s trying to survive in the Colorado wilderness running as a cougar. He vows to protect her no matter what she’s done. With three dead boyfriends to her name, she’s sure she will be the death of Chase Buchanan before either of them can prevent it. No matter how much she knows she has to run again, he soon holds her heart hostage. But will that be enough to keep them both alive?

Chase Buchanan, as wilderness cabin resort owner and part time deputy of the small town of Yuma, Colorado that boasts a love of cougars, is tasked to track down a cougar reported to be hunting human prey. Chase soon learns she’s a shifter, not a full-time cougar and she’s on the run. When he takes her in, he vows to protect her. After losing his wife and baby to the human kind of predator years earlier, he’s not letting Shannon’s hunters kill her, too. But how is he going to keep hold on the wild-cat woman who is unpredictable at every turn without losing his heart to her, and then losing her as well?

Cover Design: Tell~Tale Book Covers

www.telltalebookcovers.weebly.com

Prologue

Shannon Rafferty woke to the sound of her boyfriend arguing with one of his triplet brothers in the kitchen of their rural two-bedroom house. She hadn’t expected Ted to be home for another week. He was supposed to be at some specialized police training program. And now Hennessey was here? Fighting with him?

What… what was going on?

She’d already packed up her car and had planned to move out first thing in the morning. She wasn’t sure where she was going exactly, thinking she might drive to Oklahoma. Three different times, she’d run off while she’d lived with foster families until she was finally old enough to support herself, using false ID to get jobs.