The Morphling

Ok breath i breath out, ok i cant let them catch me. I cant let them know who i really am! I pump my arms by my side willing my self to go faster. I just have to out run them, I can do that, i concentrate hard, really hard and i think about a cheeta, faster than any other creature, begin to change i feel my arms and legs shortening, if feel my body getting longer, my legs cant take the weight so im forced onto all fours i keep running though, i feel my self getting faster and faster as i ran threw the woods. now im running so fast that the trees beside me are just a blurr. the only thing im thinking is i have to get away, and i hope i dont hit a tree. But as i continued to run the idea of hitting a tree became more and more distent because my body seemed to know were to run exactly an how to not get hurt. When i could not hear the    creatures following me any more i stopped to catch my breath. I slowly morphed in to a squirl and ran up a tree. once up the tree i morphed into human again. even though it probably would be more comfterbal and it be easier to stay a squirl over night I did not want to take the chance.

I woke up later that night and saw the wierd creatures walking threw the woods, right pass the tree i was in. it was the first time i was able to actually observe them. these creatures were vicious, flesh eating, monsters, that wont stop until there pray has been ripped to shreds. i should know.... i created them.