Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A whole day passed and I started to eat and sleep normally again. Dan and I hadn't really spoken since our kiss, but we had done plenty of cuddling.

I honestly don't know how I've lived this long without being able to snuggle up under some blankets with Dan.

We passed the time by watching movies together. I guess we both kind of knew the weight of the rock hanging above our heads, but for now we were choosing to momentarily ignore it.

I guess that's one thing I've learned from all this. I don't need to worry about that rock, or all my fans, or my job, or anything, until I'm secure enough with my own life and problems to take it down and fix it.

Weird analogy, but basically have yourself sorted out first. The rest... I assume we're getting there.

Now thinking about it is actually starting to worry me.

"Dan?" I asked interrupting a scene from Thor.

"What?" he asked giving me a silly grin. Ever since our kiss he's been doing that a lot, and I love it.

"So... I mean this... we're really a couple now?" I asked.

He scoffed, "Of course we are! Why wouldn't we be? That's a dumb question."

"I know. But I was just thinking..." I said taking a deep breath. Dan sat up and squinted at me with a mix of worry and uncertainty in his eyes. "What about everything else?"

He looked semi-relieved and asked, "What "everything else" do you mean?"

"I guess like our fans. What are we going to tell them? "Just kidding about just kidding we were really lying about lying and we really are a couple!" Then what about our job at the BBC!? Dan we can't keep watching movies forever. We need money to buy food and Internet and -" Dan silenced my ramblings with a small kiss. The day one of our kisses doesn't make me melt will be the end of all things.

"Phil, you don't buy internet." He said a-matter-of-factly.

"Well you pay for electricity so I thought th- hey you changed the topic. Dan what are we going to do?" I said.

"We can get around to all that. If you're comfortable with telling the fans, I am. I'll call our boss in the morning if you'd like, what else needs sorted out?" He asked.

"Umm... We should tell our parents. Don't you think?" I asked.

"About that... my mum already kind of knows. Not like about recent stuff, but when she was visiting the other day, I kinda told her everything and she probably knows." Dan said.

"Well we should still tell her. And my mum as well." I said.

"Ok later." Dan said about to turn back to the movie.

"No. Now." I said grabbing his cell off the table and running out of the room. I dialed his mum and heard a loud bang followed by my name being yelled from the other room.

Dan burst into the room right at the same time his mum picked up.

"Daniel? Is everything ok?" She asked as Dan chased me around the room.

"Hi, Mrs. Howell. This is Phil. I'm just calling to let you know I kissed your son." As soon as I got those words out Dan snatched the mobile from me.

"Mum? Yeah. I know." Dan was turning an alarming shade of pink the longer he was on the phone. He paused and gave me a death glare. "Ok - I... I'll tell you later. I gotta go. Bye!" He said hanging up. He let out a sigh and I don't think I've ever seen him look more embarrassed.