Chapter Eleven

[Eleven]

***Lexi's POV***

I had my headphones in, and Sweater Weather was blasting. I was in my hotel room, dancing around and singing.

"... Use the sleeves in my sweater,
Let's have an adventure,
Head in the clouds,
But my gravity's centered,
Touch my neck,
And I'll touch yours,
You in those little high-waisted shorts..."

One of my headphones was pulled out, and I stopped singing and dancing. I paused my music, and spun around to see Cam chuckling. I smacked his arm playfully.

"What do you want, Cam?" I asked, with a hint of humor in my voice.

"Well, I was gunna ask if you wanted to hang out, but you seem a little busy..."

I rolled my eyes, and took out my other headphone. I put on my black high-top converse, too lazy to change out of the white jean shorts and Jack G's hoodie. I walked down to the lobby with Cameron.

We were walking around town, going in and out of shops.

"Why are you hanging out with me? Shouldn't you be hanging with Liz?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, um, we're not a thing anymore..." Cameron trailed off, and I felt guilty.

"Oh, um, sorry-"

"It's fine." Cameron shrugged, and we walked into a park. I casually looked around at the scenes before my eyes, and felt the gentle breeze on my skin.

We sat down under a large willow tree in the shade. There was a boy and a girl, around 8 maybe, running around on the playground. I smiled to myself, thinking about Hailey's little brother.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." Cameron said, after a while of silence.

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking at him.

"When you saw Liz and I at the Diner. I know how much you knew she hurt me. I just felt like I owed it to myself to have some closure on the whole thing. I never wanted to get back with her, and when I found out she was coming to Florida with us, I didn't want her to."

Cameron thought for a moment, and I just sat listening.

"I have known Liz since I was little, and she's a family friend, so being rude to her isn't much of an option. She was acting like we were together around you, mainly because she was jealous. I didn't mean to hurt you, Lexi, if I did."

With every word, I heard the truth. I knew he wasn't lying, and I appreciated his view of what really happened.

"Thank you, Cam." I smiled at him, and I relief filled his eyes.

I saw a couple walking towards us, holding hands. The girl had on a floral, strapless dress, and the guy had dark brown hair.

"Cam, is that...?" I asked, and he looked at me. He grinned and stood up, grabbing my hand. He dragged me behind the willow tree, and we watched.

The couple stopped a few feet away from us, and the guy leaned down to kiss the girl. Cameron looked at me, and mouthed, "One, two, three."

We jumped out from behind the tree, causing the girl to scream and fall onto the guy. The both went crashing to the ground, and Cameron and I were laughing our asses off.

"CAMERON!" Nash screamed.

"LEXI!" Maddy screamed right after.

Cameron and I looked at each other, then ran. Maddy and Nash started chasing us, and we ran to the hotel. Running into our room, we locked the door, and burst out laughing. Cam looked at me, then gave me a fist bump.

"LEXI, I SWEAR I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!" I heard Maddy yell from the other side of the door.

"I'd watch your back, babe." Cameron said, then laughed again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP!" Matt, Carter, and the Jacks chanted. They ran out of the car, and onto the beach, getting us a good spot.

We weren't doing anything today, and we haven't hung out all together in a while. So, we decided on a beach day.

"Let's play football!" Matt suggested, and we all agreed.

There was team PÜMA with Cameron, Jack J, Carter, Hailey, Maddy, and Shawn.

Then team NASHTY was Nash, me, Jack G, Matt, and Taylor.

Because we had less people, we started with the ball first. Nash was captian, so he was quaterback. We decided on tackle, because Hailey, Maddy, and I had brothers. We were used to it, and knew how to put up a fight.

"Ready, set, HIKE!" Nash yelled, and Matt snapped him the ball. I received the pass, and ran towards the other teams end. I dodged Cameron and Jack, along with Carter.

"TOUCHDOWN BITCHES!" I screamed, and threw the ball down. I did a little dance, while Cameron shot me a playful death glare.

Cameron was quarterback for team PÜMA, and he passed to Shawn. I jumped on Shawn's back, who fell to the ground. I laughed because he wasn't expecting it at all, and helped him up.

"It's on, Lexi." He said, and I laughed.

A couple of plays later, the score was 35-28 -team NASHTY.

Nash threw me the ball, and I was about to run, when Shawn picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"HEY! NO FAIR!" I yelled, and laughed. Shawn wouldn't put me down, so I gave the ball to Taylor.

"GO TAYLOR!" I yelled, and Taylor got the touchdown.

"HAHA SHAWN! EVEN WHEN I'M NOT ON THE GROUND I BEAT YA!" I laughed, and he ran to the water.

"Wait, Shawn, I take it back-!" I yelled, but got thrown into the water. I surfaced, and dunked a laughing Shawn.

Soon enough, everyone was in the water, splashing and dunking.

"Guys, can we take a group picture?!" Maddy asked, and we all agreed. Everyone got out of the water, and gathered on the sand. We asked a passing guy to take the picture, and he did.

On the end, Maddy was on Nash's back, smiling. Next to them, Carter, Hailey, and Matt were all kneeling making a stupid face. Then, Cameron and Taylor put me on their shoulders, while my hands were on their shoulders to keep from falling. We all smiled, and then Jack G, Shawn and Jack J were on the end, making a stupid face, standing.

It was a really cute picture, and after that, we left.

*

"You will be happy to know that Liz left yesterday." Cameron said, plopping down next to me on my bed.

"She did?" I asked, and he nodded.

"I kinda told her to leave, but as nicely as I could." He said. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

Cameron wrapped an arm around my shoulders, and I leaned my head on his chest.

"I'm happy she's gone." Cameron said, and I nodded, because I was too tired to speak. Cameron kissed my cheek, and I fell asleep in Cam's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

comment, vote, fan x