Review #4 - As Long As She Lives

As Long As She Lives

By DarcyConroy

Rated: PG-13

After 4 years teaching in central Africa, 28 yr old Caitlyn Lancaster makes an unexpected return to Australia. Cait claims an attack of homesickness, but childhood family friend, Detective Riley Duncan recognizes Post Traumatic Stress when he sees it, and uncovers the harrowing truth even Cait's family cannot be told. With Riley's help, Cait begins to recover, but it is not long before her secret is discovered and she must face the evil behind her sudden return. 

Cover Photo Credit: © Lucila De Avila Castilho | Dreamstime Stock Photos

__________________________________________________________

 Spiritual

There are a few references to African superstitions. 

Sexual

Heavy sexual content. There is one scene in particular that is highly inappropriate, describing a couple having sex. There is also rape, nudity, sexual references, and kissing.

Profanity

Very strong language. The f word is used more than two dozen times, and God’s name is profaned frequently. Quite a few other words are used as well. 

Since I am endeavoring to write this from an unbiased (albeit Christian) perspective, I will say that this book is very well written and well-researched. The story is compelling, and the characters endearing. It provides an interesting and exciting read. 

But please don't take that as my recommendation. I personally feel that this story has much more cons than pros, and is better left on the shelf. But of course that is for you to decide. :) Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

~Elizabeth Aira