34

n// writers block is such a bitch wtf this is such a shitty chapter but the next one is gonna be so good I promise yiikkkkeeeeeessssss I'm so sorry guys

"Who the fuck are you?"

That was the first thing that came out of my mouth the next night, as I woke up only to find a stranger, eating toast and drinking my tea, kicking his feet back and forth as he sat on my counter.

The man said nothing, just smiled at me while continuing to chew on his toast. But then, I remembered that this was probably nothing. I mean, think about it. If he wanted to hurt me, he would have done so already. If he wanted to kill me, he wouldn't have wasted time making himself at home. If he were an enemy, he would have stated his case by now. But, if I'm being honest, I really don't care at this point.

So, I shrugged and approached the boy, taking one of his many pieces of buttered toast and taking a bite, savoring it.

"Okay, you little criminal," I spoke after swallowing. "You can make a damn fine piece of toast, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But who the hell are you and what the hell are you doing in my apartment?"

"Oh, my brothers haven't bothered to mention me then?" He asked with a little scoff. "How typical."

Looking at him, and now hearing his funny little accent, I put the pieces (of toast) together.

"You're a Mikaelson," I rolled my eyes. "Of course you are."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"You're the only little assholes who would make themselves that comfortable in my apartment." I smirked, feeling more at ease knowing that he was the little brother of the two men I trusted more than anyone. "How the hell did you even get in here, anyways?"

"I'm a Mikaelson, darling," He retorted, mimicking my face. "We always find a way."

"...I was talking in my sleep, wasn't I?"

"And what an adorable sleep-talker you are."

"I know," I said nonchalantly, stealing another piece of his toast. "I'm always adorable. Do your brothers know you're here?"

"Mhm. Asked me to keep watch."

"You're here to watch my cat while I go to work! Wow, thanks!"

"You have a cat?"

Wiggling my nose, I summoned up a black cat and sent it into the Original's arms with a smirk.

"Now I do." I said smugly. "Kol/Finn Mikelson, meet... Salem. Yeah, Salem."

"Wait, what?! I'm not here for your cat, I'm here for you." He argued, shaking his head as if to get back on track. "And for the record, I'm Kol. The best looking Original."

"Well, Kol, I don't know why you're here, or why the hell Klaus and Elijah sent you here, but really, it's not really needed. Now, if you could stay with Salem for a while whilst I'm at work, that would be great."

"Why don't you just conjure up some money and quit your job instead?"

"Because if I did, that would cause inflation. I'm not about to fuck up the economy."