Chapter 1: Training with the gods

"Jonah has the power to save the world! What was I thinking?" Lorian's voice faded in my head. 

"How could you put the safety of our world in the hands of a bratty kid?" Grados' voice yelled.

"You will never save us! WE DON'T NEED YOU!" Karai stated.

SO many of their voices echoed  in my head at once. I could hear them laughing at me, taking turns making fun of me, pointing at me. I ran and ran but the more i want the louder their voice grew in my head. 

"Look at him! He's so pathetic!" shouted Grados.

I ran and ran till there was no more road for me to run. I was trapped, I looked back to find them the size of giants over me. Karai then giggled and took a step closer to me with her big feet and squashed me. I screamed so loud i woke myself up realizing I was only dreaming.

"Man what a bad dream that was!" i said as i pulled myself out of that sweaty bed.

"Nightmares uh?" Lorian said standing in the doorway. "I figured these kind of things would happen! Your stressed Jonah. I'm sorry for whipping this one you so quickly." she said look sad.

"It's ok I'm just trying to get use to all of this!" i said as i layed my covers down.

"Come down for breakfast after that I will teach you the ways of the angels!" she said as she led me to a big dinner hall.

The room spelled of fine wines and perfumes. The sun was shining bright through the windows and warmed my skin. I sighed as the sun kissed the back of my neck. Karai was sitting down at the far end of the table giving me one of her fake smiles.

"Hello Jonah come sit across from me!" she said pointing to the chair.

The whole room looked like something out of a fairy tale movie with the long golden table full of every breakfast food known to man. I gasped at the animals bringing out the condiments. A bear pulled my chair out and dusted it off with a red handkerchief and he pushed in my chair as I sat down. Two hummingbirds carried out a silver cup and poured me some honey wine that tasted like sweet nectar. A dog placed a napkin in my lap that was perfectly symmetrically in place. I grossed out a little bit to see mice holding my jewel in crusted silver wear in their little paws. A hawk carried a match, lit it and lit all the candies in the room in one swoop. I laughed but quickly felt guilty when i seen a pig bring out a plate of bacon and ham and put it on my plate.

"Oh this is so charming!" i said happily as i watched Karai roll her eyes at me. 

Lorian smiled. "Yes If only we can potty train them! Dog I'm looking at you!" she shouted loudly to the dog and he whimpered and ran away.

I smiled at Lorian as i picked up my large slice of ham. The first bite of the juicy ham sent my taste buds a flurry it was the perfect amount of sweetness from the brown sugar and it was very tender. I ate it all so quickly that I was missing my mouth most of the time. My belly was all nice an warm from the meal that I was now ready for the day.

"OK your godliness! I'm ready for the day! thank you for the meal!" i said jumping up.

"hmm...boy we just sat down but there's nothing more charming than a boy ready for business!" she said getting up from her chair. "Now Karai you will train with Jonah to prepare him!"

"Yes mother I will beat him up mam!" she said jumping up and saluting her mother, mocking me.

I stuck my tongue out at her showing her the chewed up ham in my mouth and followed Lorian back into the room with the dark chasm in the middle of the floor. Lorian clapped her hands together and the floor started to rise making the hole deeper, the walls oft he hole because spiked with barbed wire and needles and balls of lightning shot from the walls.