Calling, Begging, &Bathing

*Buzz, Buzz*

I groggily turned over onto my side, groping around in the sheets for my cell phone. I ran my finger across the surface of the screen to unlock my phone and pressed the Answer button. I slipped out of bed and slipped on my t-shirt and jeans back up.

"Hello?" I whispered groggily into the phone against my ear, jamming my foot into my boots.

"Lexi?"

My heart stopped beating for about two seconds and restarted again as I almost collapsed onto the floor with pure shock.

 "Tony?" I breathed, a little breathless from the impact of heartache stirring up inside me.

"Lexi, I need help, I feel kind of dizzy and I missed you so I came back..."

"Tony, where are you?" I asked, as I realized that he was drunk.

"Outside you’re...uh... apartment building," he slurred and giggled when a burp slipped out of his lips.

"Are you drunk?" I asked, hoping against hope that he wasn’t.

"I don’t think so, I only had a few drinks... wait, yea I think I might be a lil' tipsy." he giggled.

"I’m coming Tony, just stay where you are and don’t move."

"O'tay Lexi, but please hurry baby, its getting cold." he slurred sleepily.

 I hung up and ran down the iron stairs out of my apartment, and whipped my head around to look for him. My eyes spotted a dark silhouette of a guy laughing and almost stumbling over his own feet.

Yuppie, that’s him, the voice inside my head sighed disapprovingly, the stupid drunk

I ignored my mental voice and ran towards him. As soon as I reached him I found him lying down on the side walk, giggling as he sipped from a bottle of wine and looked up at the stars, reaching out his hand as if to touch them. When he realized he couldn’t, he chuckled to himself as he took another swig of wine. He turned onto his side and gasped as he looked up at me. I saw flashes of immense pain and guilt flash inside them, the green turning soft and sad but his mind was too intoxicated with the alcohol to last long.

“Lexi …” he breathed happily up at me, smile lighting up his face.

“Come on.” I sighed, getting down on my knees next to him and slipping my arms under him, feebly trying to lift him back up to stand.

“No, Lexi , wait, I don’t want to go yet, the stars are so pretty… like your eyes.” He slurred dreamily his eyes lifting up to meet mine, the pupils dilated to big black spheres.

I felt a pang of warmth at his thoughtfulness but it was swiped away as I reminded myself of how I was supposed to be mad at him and how angry he made me feel right now for disappearing on me and then two years later showing up drunk outside my apartment building. I ignored his struggle as I lifted him up onto his feet.

This should be fun, my mental voice interjected.

Shut up you stupid voice! , I thought back.

            I was able to maneuver him to his feet and dragged him to my apartment.  Tony  started mumbling and I could tell he was trying to tell me something but the words were coming out incoherently, the alcohol in his system making him slow and sleepy. I somehow made it up the stairs without dropping him and then we where home free through the apartment door when he collapsed onto the carpet onto his side, laughing and sighing my name over and over again.

I helped Tony  to his feet again and put him on the couch. He started mumbling again, obviously trying to tell me something but I couldn’t make out what he was saying.

“What?” I asked, frustrated.

“I missed you Lexi.” He sighed, frowning slightly, “so much...” he whispered, reaching out to me, pulling me to stand in front of him as he traced my bottom lip with his thumb, cupping my face in his hand.

“I missed you too Tony.” I sighed, sitting down on his lap, winding my arms around his shoulders, letting my fingertips tease the soft skin at the back of his neck.

            He shivered in pleasure in my arms, his head tilting closer towards me, his hand moving to press against my back, drawing me closer to him, his eyes filled with lust. I kissed the side of his lip in forgiveness and acceptance, teasing him. He smiled.

“Tease…” he sighed, the lust still shinning clear in his eyes.

“Drunk.” I retorted back playfully, smiling.

“Touché.” He smiled, his head still closing in closer to mine. When he was a few centimeters apart from my lips, I pressed my hand against his chest, stopping him.

“No Tony.” I sighed, pulling away.

“I want to kiss yuh so bad Lexi, won’t you let me?” he sighed, his sweet voice pleading.

“Not right now Tony, maybe later after you have sobered up.”

“o’tay.” He whimpered, his forehead tilting against mine, his lips only a few centimeters apart.

“Let’s go take a bath.” I suggested.

“Why?” he whimpered, obviously not pleased.

“To help you sober up faster.”

“Then I get to kiss you?” hope shining in his eyes.

“Not that quickly.” I sighed, smiling at the disappointed look on his face.

“That’s not fair.” He slurred, his hot breath making me gag.

“Then don’t show up drunk.” I retorted, leading him to the bathroom