A Not So Romantic Pre Dinner

Hello!!! I'm back! Thanks so darn much for the votes and the reads, lovelies...they mean so much to me, you have no idea...

here's chapter 3. Enjoy, beauties...

.........

They decided to walk to the small little restaurant that Jace had booked for them, thinking that walking under neon lights, stars, dust, buildings would be romantic and walking past construction sites and dark, damp alleys would be mundane and walking amongst pedestrians would be much more normal than getting into a grumpy New York cab.

They continued to hold hands, Clary leaning on Jace's shoulder.

"You're very cuddly tonight." Jace mused. Clary ignored him and clutched on tighter. She could feel the seraph blade and dagger bumping against her body and hoped she wouldn't have to take them out and use them tonight.

They turned onto an almost empty street, reminding Clary of the time when they went to the old hotel Dumont...or Dumort, as the vampires had so sickly renamed it...to save rat Simon.

Their footfalls made no sound against the cracked pavement below them

"Here we are." Jace muttered. They had stopped in front of an abandoned looking antique furniture shop, the dusty blinds drew down. Clary let her mind relax and she let her eyes hood, peeling off the glamour like getting rid of a sticky piece of paper. If was easier now, with her trained Shadowhunter eye.

With the glamour gone, Clary saw that the abandoned furniture shop had transformed into a fancy looking restaurant, half full with Downworlders.

Chandeliers hung from the ceiling and the walls were a deep blue color, looking velvet like from the way the light shimmered slightly off the material. Waiters and waitresses whirled and weaved their way through and in between occupied tables, carrying trays of food and odd colored drinks that bubbled and frothed.

She saw  vampires happily sucking on blood bags and a werewolf ferociously gnawing at a raw, bloody piece of steak.

"Jace!" a very pretty faerie girl in a dark blue gossamer dress that brushed the mid of her thighs, showcasing her killer amazing legs, squealed as she threw herself onto Jace, seeming to totally ignore Clary.

Her silver cornsilk-like hair was pulled into a sweeping ponytail that swished whenever she moved. Her face was clean and pure from any freckles or pimples, her nose sharp and long. The faerie wore five inch heels that were strapped to her porcelainlike skin with satin strings.  She towered over Clary, making her feel small and insignificant compared to this towering infrastructure that was the faerie waitress.

Anger and annoyance boiled inside Clary but she kept her mouth shut.

Just a friend. Just a friend...this is how Jace feels when I hug Simon, so calm...Clary growled at herself, looking away. She felt Jace's hand tighten around hers while he uncomfortably detached himself from the girl as stepping backwards, putting as much distance as

"I knew you would come back —" the faerie flashed a blinding, staggering smile, completely and utterly ignoring Clary who could have been a decaying, moss covered wall for all that mattered in the world.

"For dinner. With my —" Jace started to look severely annoyed and even when Clary hadn't known Jace so well, she could tell that he was about to say something rude or sarcastic that would probably send the faerie girl crying into the girl's bathroom.

The faerie immediately noticed Clary, her eyes taking in Clary, spite and bitter satisfaction as she literally looked down on Clary.

Clary met the faerie girl's glare head on, trying not to slap her.

"Who's she?" the faerie girl spat, her silver cat eyes narrowing on Clary with a predator's intensity, as if she were ready to gobble Clary whole.

Jace exhaled angrily, pulling Clary to his side protectively. "This is Clary. My girlfriend." Jace said with a ringing finality.

But the faerie wasn't giving up. "Isn't she your sister?" the faerie gasped and Clary wanted to slap and rake off that smart ass, arrogant look on her smug little doll face with her nails. "You are an incestous demon, aren't you, Jace?"

The words stung, badly. Clary tried not to flinch when she remembered their time when they thought they were brother and sister. When any other love beside sibling love would be forbidden, sick and unnatural...

This girl had to be completely ignorant or stuck in a hole or under a rock this past few weeks if she still thought that they were siblings. The whole most of Downworld knew about this, seeing that most of them had been in Brocelind Plain to help win the Mortal War or had been told about it.

Jace exhaled angrily, his eyes burning like Danté's Inferno, ready to unleash his hellish, scorching flames onto the faerie to disintegrate her into a pile of unidentifiable ash clumps. "She isn't. There was a...misunderstanding. Now, are you going to seat us or —" Jace exhaled angrily again. "You know what, we'll just go somewhere that doesn't stink of you."

He grabbed Clary's hand and towed her away. Clary couldn't help but look back and smirk at the fuming faerie. Her eye literally flared red with rage as she stormed back into the eatery, upsetting a vampire who was enjoying his blood soup by bumping into his table, causing the watered down crimson dish to splatter onto the vampire's shirt and the faerie's dress.

The faerie screeched loudly, an unpleasant sound that reminded Clary of a spoiled child that did not get the toy it had been asking for.

As the faerie waitress whined and complained about her ruined dress, the vampire who had lost his meal slowly rose in his seat, looking murderous and angry, his fangs a pair of glinting needles in his mouth that were visible even from where Clary stood. A fight broke out but Clary and Jace couldn't care less. They were on a date. Out of commission.