♡ Chapter 18 ♡

♡ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ♡

Ariana got up early the next day. She woke up, ate, fed Percy and Jaz, and then took a shower. She changed into a white shirt and beige capris. Pulling her hair into a loose half-ponytail, she opened her windows and saw a new message taped on the wall.

GOOD MORNING, SEASHELL! READY TO EXPLORE A.M.O? it read.

Ariana smiled and threw a rolled up piece of paper on Brandon's window. He popped up a few seconds later.

"Hey," he smiled, dressed in a blue button-down. His hair was a little messy.

"Hi," Ariana replied. "You know, I didn't say anything about exploring A.M.O."

Brandon chuckled. "Yes, but I knew you were thinking it."

Ariana quirked an eyebrow disbelievingly. How could he have possibly known what she was thinking?

"Fine, then. What am I thinking right now?" Ariana challenged. Brandon stroked his imaginary beard thoughtfully.

"You're thinking about how handsomely dashing I look," he said. Ariana laughed at him.

"Nope, I was thinking about creepy mind-reading vampires." Brandon pouted at her playfully.

"Come on, are we going or not?"

"I am. But I never invited you, though."

"I invite myself. Now, let's go."

Ariana shut her windows and curtains closed and went out of her room, leaving the door open so that Jaz and Percy can just come in and out throughout the day. Ariana told her mother she was going out, and then she exited her house and saw that Brandon was waiting for her outside her fence.

"Hey again," she told the boy. He smiled dashingly at her.

"Hey to you too." They walked towards the left side, which was the direction that they remembered the A.M.O building was. Brandon shoved his hands in his jeans pocket.

"You know, I feel like a burden," Ariana admitted. Brandon looked at her with a surprised expression.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I know that you probably have tons of other friends. Yet you choose to spend most of your time with me," Ariana said.

"Maybe it's because I would rather spend my time with you than with anyone else." Ariana looked at Brandon, trying to read his face for any signs of humor or mockery. Brandon noticed this and smirked at her.

"Why don't you look like you believe me?" he sighed.

"Because... I don't see how you could possibly like spending time with me when you could be out there with your friends," she said. "I mean, we've only met each other in the middle of summer, I didn't save your life, you didn't save my life, I'm not 'hot' or whatever you boys call it, and I'm definitely not interesting."

Out of all the things that Brandon Davis could have said or done, he chose to roll his eyes at Ariana. "What is it with you girls and overlooking the most important things?"

He sighed. "We may not have saved each other lives, but you forgot the fact that we are friends. We sang together, remember? And we were amazing! And you know what? I don't care if you're not 'hot' or whatever we boys call it, seashell. That doesn't matter."

They reached the building. "We're here," Ariana said breathily.

They looked up at the white building. It wasn't really tall; probably had only three floors. The whole building had an air of loneliness to it.