VICTORY

Victory straightened her shorts and fluffed her hair. As soon as Miss Bow left she turned to face the group of misfits.

"Okay listen up you freaks of nature," she addressed. "I'm picking my room first. If any of you find a room bigger than than one I am about to pick, tell me immediately, or you will all pay." 

Victory gave an evil smile, her white teeth shined through her glossed lips. She frowned.

"Hey! Geek boy!" Victory called out. Carlton flinched.

"You look strong, go get my bags." she commanded. Carlton stood completely still. 

"Please?" she asked, almost genuinely. Carlton corrected his collar and ran down the stairs, his long, lanky legs followed.

Victory smirked and flipped her hair.

"Living here won't be as hard as I thought," she said out loud.

Victory looked at the row of doors and tapped her finger to her chin. In her mind she tried to figure which room was biggest, has the most light and had a walk-in closet.

"Innie minne miney moe, catch a tiger by its toe, if it hollers let it go, innie minne miney moe," Victory chanted.

"That one!" Victory walked towards the door her finger landed on.

Victory sighed and walked into the room. 

"Whoa!" Victory whispered to herself. Her room looked almost exactly like a New York penthouse.

To her right was an elegant floor-to-ceiling window. It displayed a brilliant view of New York. She felt as if she were on top of a sky scraper. On the wall facing door was a plum colored velvet textured wall. In front of the wall was a gigantic circle Hollywood-styled bed. The bedding was a dull magenta and onyx satin quilted. Several big, fluffy pillows were expertly placed on the bed. The side tables of the bed were designer silver, each held a tiny lamps. They were a frosted wine color with chrome colored shades. On the other side of the room was a small oval transparent coffee table.  Seated with the table were an identical gun-metal colored cushioned chairs.

After a closer look, Victory saw the key on the coffee table.

The looked like it was tried to look newer. It was a weird looking key. She could tell it was rusting, even under the thick enamel coating.

Victory looked back at her door with its new crystal knob. It had a lock, one that that would fit perfectly fit the key in her hand. Victory quickly jammed the key in the keyhole, the door locked shut.

Little did Victory know what was happening outside the door. Her name 'V-I-C-T-O-R-Y' was burned into the door. The letters burned a bright pink color before cooling. No doubt her name would be infused with the wood the next morning.