I Did It For You

I woke up the next morning and realized I left the TV on all night and shut it off. I checked the time and its 11:37 am. I don't know what I should wear today. I haven't gone on many dates before. This will be the perfect date. Well I hope so anyway. I looked through my closet, sliding each hanger to the left. Every outfit I don't want to wear goes to the left. I kept sliding each hanger to the left until I reached my favorite dress. It was pink with a beautiful pink lace over it. The lace had a flower design. This is what I'm going to wear. I went and took a long hot shower. Taking a hot shower is my favorite thing to do in the morning.

After my shower I did my usual morning routine. I made a pot of coffee, ate my cereal, and watched the news. "The police have no leads or motives in the murder of Chelsea Hanson." I hope they find the person responsible, it's almost impossible to feel safe now. I'm not going to let it ruin my fun though. I turned the TV off and went to do my hair and makeup.

I plugged my straightener in and let it heat up while I brushed my hair. While I was waiting I applied a golden brown eye shadow and very little eyeliner to my top eyelids. To finish my look I applied one coat of mascara to the top and bottom of each eye. Once my straightener heated up I started straightening my hair small parts at a time. I checked the time on my phone and it was already 2:30 pm! Where did the time go? I didn't think it would take me that long to get ready.

Ding. New text message from Alex.

Alex: I can't wait to finally see you.

I started smiling; I hope he likes me in person as much as he does through the screen on his phone.

Me: Same here! I'm already dressed and everything. I'm so excited!

I really hope this goes well.

Alex: That's good. Most girls wait until last minute. In my experience, that is.

Me: Not me! I don't want to be late.

Alex: You're too cute.

Me: Thanks, so are you!

Alex: Well I'll see you later then.

I let the conversation end at that. I'm so nervous; I feel the butterflies in my stomach. My heart feels like it's going to explode, it's beating so fast.

The hours went by like minutes, and the minutes like seconds. It was time to meet walk to the Diner and meet Alex. I slipped my black flip-flops on and grabbed my purse. I locked the door once I left the house and started walking. I was taking deep breaths to calm myself. I was overly excited and nervous at the same time. Not a good mix. I crossed the same street and made the same left turn. I could see the diner in the not too far distance. I started walking slower to prepare myself better. This was it; I'm finally going to meet Alex. The diner was getting closer and closer. As I approached the diner my eyes scanned the parking lot. I wonder which car is his. I should text him and see if he's here yet, it's 5:28 pm.

Me: Hey, are you here?

Alex: Yeah, where are you?

Me: I'm right outside, I wasn't sure if I should wait for you outside or not.

I started walking up the stairs nervous as hell. I'm getting shaky now. The door opened once I reached the top of the steps. I looked up and it was him! It really was Alex. He was tall and he was even cuter in person. He wore a black t-shirt shirt with blue jeans. He is built too; he must go to the gym often. I can't believe how handsome he really is. I knew he was cute but his pictures were an insult to his looks in person.