Part 1

"Mara!” He shouted as he continued to ring the doorbell of the del Valle’s mansion. Mara sleepily stood up from her bed and took the robe lying beside her bed to cover herself as she gazed at the clock of her room that reads 2:00am.

She hurried herself to open the door only to be taken aback by a drunken Christian Torralba, her best friend since childhood, on her doorstep.

“Christian! What in the world is wrong with you?” She asked as she wraps his one arm around her, so she could guide him to the sofa. She could hear his soft sobs here and there as he continue to drink from the bottle of liquor he was holding on his right hand. Mara, being the good best friend, gently laid him on the sofa and took the bottle away from him.

She went to the bathroom and took a basin and filled it with lukewarm water, she then grabbed a towel and return to the drunken Christian who’s now wasted on her sofa.

“Ugggh! This guy!” She said as she dips the towel to the warm water and remove the excess water it off and before she started to wipe his handsome face with it.

It’s been more than 10 years since she met this drunk young lad who is sleeping helplessly beside her, they we’re just five or six years old when they first met, since that fateful day, they become inseparable, despite being her best friend, she secretly wishes every night that one day, Christian would actually see her more than just his best friend, that they could actually be lovers. She’s been with him through thick and thin, she knows his weakness and so are his strengths, she watched him fall in love with a girl who she knows all too well that doesn’t deserve Christian’s love.

Christian felt the warmth of the towel on his face and the lightness of a delicate hand that he has grown familiar of, he slowly opened his eyes and saw Mara taking care of him, like always, whether his heart gets broken or whether it’s about his mom or some other family issues, Mara will be always there to put the pieces of his heart together again.

“Mara…” He muttered under his breath before he falls into a deep sleep. Mara just sighed upon the image of her best friend being helplessly drunk, “Why has he been drinking too much lately? He must be having another problem,” Mara thought to herself, but realized she could figure it out the next day, when he is no longer drunk.

She studied the face of the sleeping Christian, the face of the only person she ever loved, the face of her best friend, yup, just her best friend.

“Why can’t you see me? Why can’t you love me?” She said as she continued to damp on the warm towel around his body, she carefully unbuttoned his shirt revealing his masculine chest and his delicious abs.

“Stop it, Mara! He is your best friend!” She mentally scolded herself. After a while sleep catches up to her and before she realizes it, she has fallen as sleep beside him, her head resting on his masculine and strong chest.

Christian was awaken with the sunlight from the mansion’s enormous window, blinding his eyes as he felt weight on his chest and found his best friend sleeping peacefully on it. A smile crept on his face as he traced her face trailing it using his point finger, from her forehead down to her nose and then to those delicious-looking lips that he always wished he could kiss.

“I love you so much and I wish you knew” He said tenderly and softly not wanting to wake her up. If only he could, he would like to stay in their position forever. He has been loving her secretly for many years now and as much as he wanted her, he just can’t take the risk of making a mistake and lose her forever. She’s too special for him to lose, and the idea of losing her scared the hell out of him, he is willing to do anything and everything just to have Mara by his side at all times even if that means they could be nothing more but best friends.