Chapter 10 - The past

The Dragon had finally talked to the Senior Dragon aboard the ship about his visit. Well that and the visitation by the Goddess and her lack of amusement with their involvement. The talk had been forced to wait until he made it out of medical since he had gone into a healing trance. Granted the Goddess hadn't been harsh with her searching of his mind but she hadn't been gentle either. Part of the healing trance was to sort through his memories to try and identify specific memories she had accessed. Even though he was mortal and she wasn't it would have taken her a great deal of time to take in all his memories.

Once he was awake again he moved out of medical in a slow and rather contemplative walk. Now that he was awake he had a great number of things to contemplate. Before all else he headed to the Senior's office and ungracefully flopped in a chair, "By my Nest Mother, my brain still feels scrambled. I know you wish to know what happened and especially with the incursion of the Deity." He looked over at a set of shelves to the other side and called for a mug of his favorite drink. It floated over to him and he took a good long swig of it.

The Senior Dragon came over and settled down in a chair across from him, "That I would and I have reviewed all the footage of what was recorded. The very end before the force vanished was blanked out. If you can tell me about that time do so." He already had a drink and took a much smaller sip once he had finished talking.

The other Dragon settled a bit more into the chair and organized his thoughts, "Much of it wasn't of much importance other than something is interfering with the Folician's reproductive rates. Between what was said and what I gathered from his memories is..." He carefully noted everything he had been told, felt, and recalled, "As far as the last few minutes I know but I can't tell you. It has been bound from me. All I can say is that we have to go back and review all of our results and tests. We missed something and it is killing their race." He held his hand out and a small glowing circle of light rose out of his palm.

The circle of light floated across the room and settled in an out raised hand of the other, "This is a gift from the Goddess. It is a sampling of DNA from what they know as humans, the hybrids from Ray's children, and a selection of others. Use it carefully old friend. I have already called for the shuttle back to the mother world. The visit took the last of my energy and I am going home to join the other Dragons whose time have come." He stood and moved out of the room. As he was slowly heading to his rooms aboard the massive ship for one last time he did take the time to look into the cave.

"I wish I could stay until it is time for you to go back but all of you will be well taken care of." He pressed his scaled hand against the viewing window and sighed, "I do wish I could know what is to happen but my time has come."

Behind him the wall started glowing and there were two colors of the glowing. Once was a fiery red and the other a golden green. Moments later the Goddess stepped out as well as her equivalent for the dragon's kind. The dragon moved forward and brushed her wings against his, *Relax elder and when you reach the homeworld call for me and we will have one last glorious flight. With the permission of the Goddess of Ray's people once all is done the memories will be sent to me. I will give them to you when the time is right. Worry not since she will take care of all even if she is still somewhat miffed with us.*

The Goddess narrowed her eyes at the other deity and growled at her, *No people bones for you then. I was going to send you a box but now you will be lucky to get crumbs.* For half a moment she had to sigh, *Oh damn it to heck, now Ray has me telling bad jokes. If I could I would have to be somewhat tempted to send him back.* Her mental touch changed, *I am not pleased by what has been wrought though I do understand if you hadn't I wouldn't be here. For giving our people a chance at intelligence I will send you the memories of what the results are. I will be keeping a watch on what is being wrought.* She vanished from view.