19. One day at a time

Waking up within Killians arms was soothing after being left alone and broken for so long. I never wanted to move again. This possibility did not last long as He woke up and demanded that I eat. After cleaning ourselves up and changing into casual outfits we strolled to the kitchen where Hugo and Heidi stood waiting for us. As soon as I stepped through the door Mizz Heidi rushed to me and enveloped me in a suffocating motherly hug. When she was forced to let go so that I could get the same hug from Monsieur Hugo she turn on Killian.

"You ought to be ashamed of yourself treating her that way! She is a precious thing, and who wouldn't want to see their friends and family?..."

She went on and on lecturing him on how to properly treat a lady. All the while he stood silently an amused smile threatening to creep on to his face. Hugo turned and signaled to some of the other kitchen staff and they brought a heaping pile of blueberry pancakes. When Heidi had finished berating him Killian asked about his own plate. Monsieur Hugo ignored his pleas for pancakes as punishment for his crimes against me. I sat eating my pancakes and laughing my head off at Killian's childish pout as he was forced to watch me devour the amazing breakfast.

I was down to the very last bite and I didn't know if I could finish it.

"Would you like a bite" I wafted the forkfull of pancake beneath his nose and his mouth watered in anticipation. Just as he was about to eat the bite I held out to him, I pulled it away and plopped it into my own mouth.

"Well too bad," though I'm sure it sounded a bit more like 'ra ter beh'. His eyes narrowed at me and a predatoral smile crept to his lips.

"Your going to regret that" he stood as if ready to pounce.

"Well then... I gotta be going now."

With that I jumped from my chair and sprinted from the room and down the hall with Killian hot on my tale. A bubble of laughter escaped from my throat and my heart pumped with excitement as we ran around the mansion childishly.

I looked back to find that He was no longer behind me. Slowing to a halt I scanned the surrounding halls. There is no way I lost him, is there? My heart beat thumped loudly as my nerves picked up fluttering around my stomach. The adrenaline rush was getting to my head and I kept thinking I heard a scuffle of a shoe or an intake of breath around me.

I was taken by surprise when I was tackled from behind. I screamed as we landed on the soft carpeted floor of the open room I had found myself in. We collapsed in a pile of laughter as he hovered over me, not putting his full weight on me.

He growled teasingly in my ear,"since you ate those pancakes, I think I'll eat you."

As he said that he attacked my sides tickling me as he playfully nibbled on my neck. My body was racked with laughter as I struggled to stop his tickling.

"stop! stop! I can't breath!" I gasped out between giggles.

Finally he stopped his attack and we both laid on the floor facing each other. Our legs were tangled together and his arm was casted lazily over my waist as my own hands softly grasped the front of his t-shirt. We laid there for who knows how long just looking into each other's eyes in a comfortable silence. How was it so easy to step back into a comfortable and happy routine after what he had done to me? Even with all the questions whirring around my head about how I felt toward him, I didn't care. All I wanted to do was live one day at a time.

"So what are we doing today?"

"Anything" he paused as if in thought,"except carnivals, no carnivals"

I laughed, I would probably never get to go to a carnival again."what about.....Swimming!"

He stood and helped me to my feet,"swimming it is then"

He led me back to my room so that my two maids could get me ready. After he left I turned to the two of them, they both were nearly jumping up and down with excitement."what?"

They grabbed my arms and pulled me into the room.

"You are going to look sooooo sexy today at the beach." Jane squealed out.

"Yeah, your gonna be hotter than hell itself, and that is saying something." They both giggled simultaneously.

Jane went around going through the drawers while Mary helped me from my current clothes (though I really didn't need any help). They switched places as Jane came back with a small handful of black. She held the black bikine up to my body.

"Ok...Now where's the rest of it." They both laughed as if I was joking.

I tied to convince them to allow me to where a bathing suit with more coverage but they were determined that I would look 'sexy'. After getting the bathing suit on me, Jane slipped black spandex material choker in place of my usual leather collar. Then Mary came back with a see through navy blue cover up. It technically didn't really 'cover up' anything. There was one thing I knew Killian would love about the bathing suit. It left his brand that he had put on me in full view of anyone who happened to glance my way.

The dragon had turned black and shiny now after being on me for so long. After that they simply slipped a pair of black sandals on me and sent me out the door leaving my hair falling down my back. I thought for a moment and turned back into the room.

"Hey, you guys should come to."

Mary shook her head sheepishly,"oh no, we couldn't, we're only servants."

"Well then you can serve me at the beach, now get on some bathing suits and meet me at the front door." With that I turned around and walked out.

As I reached the front door I heard a wolf whistle directed toward me. At the door stood James, Killian, and Colt (the whistler).

"Somebody is feeling bold today" Colt wriggled his eyebrows flirtatiously at me earning a threatening growl from Killian and a glare from me.

Jane and Mary appeared next to me wearing modest cover ups. Would it really have been very hard to get me one of those? Killian raised his eyebrows,"what is this?"

"I would like my to maids to accompany us to the beach."

"Why?"

"Well for one thing, they were by my side this entire week when barely anyone else was." I looked at him pointedly.

He looked down at the floor and ran his hand over the back of his neck."yeah...ok then, we better head out."

The two girls looked at me in awe as we stepped out the door. Two open jeeps were parked outside, one white and one blue. It seems that Killian had taken into account our last try at a car ride.

The two boys and my maids jumped in one and me and Killian were in the other. We all started hollering and whooping like crazy teenagers as we pulled out of the large circle drive.