Chapter 1

I awoke when the warm strands of light hit me through the crystaline windows of the Catheidral. I looked around and rubbed the blurrs out of my ice blue and feather grey eyes. Slowly, I sat up and looked through the empty pews. I gently ran my hand against one and rubbed the dust off onto my ripped up skinny jeans. I grabbed my brush and ran it through my soft and straight ruby red hair. "Whats for breakfast Pit?" I turned around and smiled at the sight of my eight year old sister, Reighna. She had pale blank blue eyes because she was blind, but she had pretty shoulder long black hair and she looked as fragile as a glass rod. "Well, we need to go see Wendy, then Rhan, and maybe Matt." Little Rain nodded and walked to her pedistal and popped open the Holy Book, and read aloud. Before Rain went blind, we memorized the whole Holy Book, front and back, page to page, and we have had the same bible for over six generations, that is, until our parents were taken away by the FBI and S.W.A.T, then sent directly to the electric chair. The inside of the front page has all the childerens birth-dates and death-dates.  "Pit, can you hand me the Swiss?" Rain asked politly and I tossed her the Swiss army knife and she caught it cleanly with the swipe of the wrist. "Thanks." She sliced open an orange and hacky-sack style kicked me a lemon. I raised it in thanks and we both ate without a word. With that, we left the safty of the Catheidral, and into the bloody and dangerous streets of Rathen. 

First we stopped over to Wendys. No not the fast food shop, its our patrol officer. We have to go to her every days, 365 days of the year. We walked inside of her office and I sat down in one chair, Rain in the other. Wendy, a very obese Sherrif, turned around in her swivle chair and gave us both a nasty look from her puke green eyes and her ugly,filthy, greasy thin brown hair up in a tight bun. "Listen here, Pukeballs," She started off in her low, almost manly, husk voice, "We are trying to find you a home." She leaned back "cooly" in her chair and I though of it snapping and her fat ass falling onto the floor, then all of her papers nearly barrying her. Lets see how "cool" she would be then.Rain was first to speak up. "No, you arent sending either of us, together or seperate, to a home. We are fine just on our own and we live nicely without all of the modern technology, but we are still healthy and alive." Wendys eye twitched. "Rain, do u remember your mom and dad?" Rain nodded her pretty little head and Wendy smiled cruely, knowing that she couldent see it. "No, dont do this to her! please Wendy! Your cruel and abusive and terrible! Why are you doing this to her!" I screamed at her, on the verg of tears that never manage to escape without becoming angery or violent. Wendy just carried on. " Your mommy didnt give a worth about you! now shes in a hole somewhere! you were a nuicense to her! BANG BANG BANG! And mommy was GONE!" Wendy screetched at her and Little Rain started bawling, making Wendys evil and cruel smile larger. I saw red. The last thing I knew, I had flung myself across the table, my fist colliding with her jaw, and Little Rain, screaming.