6.0 ▹ BITTER TURNS.

The rest of their ride had been relatively peaceful, and Edward and kept his word

The rest of their ride had been relatively peaceful, and Edward and kept his word. She had been awarded with her CD with songs hand-picked by Edward Cullen. Who else could say that Edward Cullen had made them a CD? She had kissed his cheek to tell him thanks, and then, like a gentleman, he walked her to her doorstep and waited for her to go inside. Of course, when she had entered the house, he turned away, feeling a little more empty than before. He watched as a light in the attic turned on as he drove away from her house.

He knew Alice would pester him for answers later on, but for now, he wanted to linger on the fact that Juliette had worked her way into his heart. It was enough to make any romantic poet cry.

His very own Juliette.

Meanwhile, Juliette had taken quickly upstairs, grabbing her mp3 player and her laptop to play Edward's CD. She had been all too eager to do so, but she didn't want to hear questions from her mother, father, and sister.  So, she went to their attic turned art studio and shut the door.

When her parents had discovered that she liked to paint, they had all too willingly turned the attic into an art studio. They had the floors strengthened, the insulation covered up, and added a sink for her to rinse her brushes and palettes. She put the CD into her laptop and then connected her mp3 player with a USB cord. She waited for both devices to wake up, and began to fiddle around her fingers as she laid on the cool floor.

The sound of pianos filled the room and she closed her eyes, looking at the laptop as it loaded the track list. She began to burn it to her mp3 so that she wasn't always carrying around the CD. She'd keep it in her car through. When it was done, she ejected the disk and placed it in the case, before carrying her things back to her room.  And waiting on her bed, was her mother.

Valentina had a wide grin on her face, sending Juliette into a state of alarm. "Am I in trouble?" She asked out of habit, placing her laptop on the desk and hiding the CD behind her back.

"How was it?" Her mom asked.

"How was what?"

"Your date!" Valentina chuckled, shaking her head. Juliette's cheeks reddened as she shook her head. As she was about to reply, the timer on their oven downstairs beeped, causing her mom to stand to her feet. "I'll be back. I've got to go get those cookies before your dad eats them."

Juliette shook her head, grabbing her faded tweety bird shirt, a pair of underwear and a pair of old black leggings before walking off to the shower. Once she was done, running a comb through her hair, her mother had kept her promise, sitting on Juliette's bed with a plate of chocolate chip cookies.

Juliette's features lit up like a star as she sat down on her bed.

"So, how was it?" Her mom pressed again.

"It was fine. And it wasn't a date. We just went the art museum and then we ate dinner."

"So, basically a date." Her mother said. "But give me more details! Did you two kiss or anything?"