Chapter 3

"Fuuto-kun?" Ema wondered. We were both in the music store, and Ema was helping me look for a certain band's CD when she saw Fuuto-kun renting a pile of DVDs. Fuuto-kun came over and covered my mouth with his hand, thinking that I had said it, not Ema. "Is that Asakura Fuuto?" A girl asked. "No way!" Her friend said. I didn't want to get Ema in trouble so I went along with it, making Fuuto mad. Of course, it's his fault for calling me an idiot. "You see what you do?! Take responsibility and borrow all of these," he said, shoving the DVDs into my arms. "I'll wait for you at home."

"Whatever," I said, and took my time with Ema looking for the CD after he left. Ema and I went back home, as she left to go get ready to go out with her friends later that night. I ran into Fuuto in the hall, and handed him his DVDs. "You took too long." He scolded. "I was there for a reason too, you know." I snapped. He smirked and leaned in close to me, barely whispering into my ear. "I'll be doing many things to you as a punishment, that is, in your room." I barked out a laugh and said, "You wish, kid." which, of course, made him mad. I looked at the pile of DVDs in his arms and gasped. "What?" He asked, looking down. "That's my favorite movie!" I took the DVD from him and ran into my room, him chasing after me. I quickly popped it in the DVD player and pressed play. By the time Fuuto had caught up to me, I was already sitting on the floor, bag of chips in hand. Gasping for air, he barely got out the words he was saying. "I could've tripped and fallen, baka! What would've happened to my face? I am and idol."

I rolled my eyes and smirked. "You didn't have to run after me." I said, which caused him to blush and look at the screen. Now intrigued by the movie, he sat a fair distance away from me and continued watching. About five minutes in, Fuuto broke the silence. "Hey!"

"W-what is it?" I asked. I hadn't realized my face was burning. "Can I come closer? I can't see well if I stay like this." He said, already moving towards me. "Ah, wait-"

"It'll be fine." Why am I getting so nervous? I asked myself. The Fuuto-kun that was on the other side of the TV a while ago, is now next to me.. "This really is amazing. Hey, did you see that part just now?"

"They're just sleeping.."

"You don't understand at all. This is why you common folks are no good. That type of acting without any talking is the most difficult."

"I didn't know that.."

"How you walk, how you stand, by looking at that, you can see how good the actor is. You can't decieve anyone with simple moments. Well, I'm not there yet. But, one day, I think I can reach that level of acting. I don't want to hear that 'idols can't act'. I don't want to give in to that."

"That's amazing," I smiled. "Haa? Are you mocking me?"

"No, watching Fuuto-kun work this hard to reach your dream, it makes me think I need to follow your example."

"Eh?"

"Being that earnest about what you want to do, I'm a little envious of that."

He sighed and said,"You really are an idiot. Even though I was thinking that I would forgive you with this..." He said as he put his hand on my cheek and leaned in. "Why didn't I see this before? You're cute. Can I call you 'nee-san' from now on?"

"Fuuto-kun! N-no that's-" Suddenly, the doorbell rang. "Hey, are you there?" It was Yuusuke-kun. Thank goodness. "It's about next week's consultation on our future...Um, I-I'm coming in!" He said as he opened the door and poked his head inside. "Hey, are you here?"

"Ah, a fly has flew in to interrupt us." Fuuto-kun complained. From where we were at, I don't think it was a pretty sight. "Ahh!!" Yuusuke said. He stormed over to Fuuto, "Fuuto, what are you doing to her?!"

"If I tell you, you'll want to do it too, right, nee-san?"

"T-that's not it! We were watching a movie just now!" I exclaimed. Yuusuke picked up Fuuto and started draggng him away. "You!"

"Let go of me! My hair's going to get all messed up!"

"Shut up! I can't even let down my guard!'

"I'll see you later," Fuuto called out to me. "Let's have fun together next time!"

"Didn't I tell you to shut up?!" They both exited and shut the door behind them. I glanced down and saw that Yuusuke-kun had dropped a paper. Our future...

~

I walked up to Yuusuke-kun as I heard him talking to himself. "It's no good, I can't decide."

"Are you lost about what school you will choose for the future?"

"Ahh! O-oh it's you.." We started looking over the papers. "How about you, have you decided?"

"No, I thought I was going to go to the same college as Ema, but I think I want to take my own path this time."

"Well, you know I haven't decided, so what are you here for?"

"I wanted to ask you who should I write down for this." I pointed at the bottom, where the parent siganture went. "Oh yeah, your dad's been overseas for work for a long time."

"He told us that he won't come back 'till next month's wedding ceremony."

"I see, Mother's wedding ceremony is next month."

"Yes, it's been a long time since I've seen him, so I'm pretty excited."

He chuckled. "Well, it's the same for us too. For the time being, write down Masa-nii's name. I'll ask him for you."

"Um, is that okay for me too?"

"Obviously! Our parents are getting married, and we're family! Don't hold back."

"I see, that's right. Arigato, Yuusuke-kun." I smiled. He blushed and turned away. "I'm not doing anything special.."

"No, I'm happy. I'll see you later back at the house." I said as I walked away.

~

"Here, and it's all done." Masaomi said.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, since you are so busy." We were back at the house, and I had asked Masaomi-san to come to the parent-student conference with me.

"No, please don't mind it. If you need anything, please dont hold back and tell me."

"Hai. Thank you very much." I said as Masaomi stood up and smiled at me as he walked away.

~

Yuusuke-kun, Ema, and I were seated with the sensei, waiting for Masaomi-san to arrive. The door opened as we were suprised to see Kaname-san standing at the door.

"Hello! Thank you for taking care incompetent little brother and cute little sisters." He said as he came in and sat next to the sensei. "Kana-nii! Why?" Yuusuke exclaimed. "Masa-nii had an emergency case come in, so he asked me, who just happened to be free, to be his substitute."

"But why are you in a parent and child meeting?"

"Don't be so stiff about this, right, sensei?" He winked at the teacher. I felt an odd pang in my chest but ignored it. "Yes..." The teacher replied. Kaname-san looked at all of our papers. I had picked an art school nearby, and Ema had picked the same one Subaru-san is going to, whereas Yuusuke had picked none because his paper was empty. "Yuu-chan's paper is blank. Are you going to a university?"

"I-i'll also go there.."

"Where?"

"I said I'm going to the same one as Ana!" He said, loudly, standing up. I stood up as well and put my hand on Yuusuke-kun's shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. I smiled at him and said, "Great. I'll see you there, Yuusuke-kun." He slightly smiled back, and sat down. I looked at Kaname-san as I sat down. He looked like he had a forced smile on his face, but I didn't point it out.

~

I was in the kitchen, making some tea for myself as I was painting in my room and wanted to finish the present today, because tomorrow would be the wedding. "Oh, are you still awake? Are you studying?" Iooked up to see Ukyo. "Ah, no, I'm finishing the painting for Miwa and father, so I can present it to them tomorrow."

"I see, please continue." He said as I went back to pouring my tea. "I remember doing this too. Staying up late and pouring myself tea so I can stay awake." He said, putting his warm jacket around me as if it were a blanket. "However, what is more important is taking care of your health. It is almost time for the wedding ceremony. It would not be good if you caught a cold." I pulled the jacket closer. "Thank you very much." We heard footsteps and turned to see a man dressed in women's clothing. He immediately came over and engulfed me in a hug. "I wanted to meet you," He whispered. Ukyo put his hand on his forehead and sighed as the man pulled away from me. "Nice to meet you. I am Hikaru. The fourth son of the Asahina family."

"Nice to meet you," I smiled. "Although he is dressed like this, he is one of our siblings." Ukyo said. I smiled at Hikaru, "I'm glad I can finally meet you. Please take care of me."

"Good grief, what are you doing here this late? When did you come back to Japan?" Ukyo asked. "Oh, did you want to see me that badly?" He said jokingly as he turned to me. "Actually, there was something that I was asked to do. I have to give you this." He said as he held out a brightly colored box. "I'll give the other one to our sister later." I took the box. "This is..."

"A present delivered with love!" He winked. "Arigato," I smiled and said my goodnights before picking up my cup of tea along with the box and walking back to my room. Back in my room, I opened the bright pink box to find a beautiful knee-length blue strapless dress. It even had fingerless blue gloves that went up to my elbows. It also came with a note from Miwa.

I figured this would be your style. I chose this with Rintarou-san. Thank you for giving me the happiness to choose a dress for my daughters.

-Miwa

I smiled and placed the note next to the portrait of my mother that I had drawn last year. I left the dress in the corner and finished the painting. Once it was done, I placed the painting outside for it to dry quicker and I fell asleep in my comfy bed.

~

The next day I woke up well rested and excited. It was the wedding ceremony that day. I would finally become part of the family. I heard the doorbell go off and I stood up to go answer it. "Good morning, Chi-chan."

"Good morning," I smiled. "I was wondering if Chi-chan's hair was done yet. I already did Ema's hair and I want to do yours." He smiled. "Today, you'll be wearing a dress, and your hair should match it too." He said, grabbing a small piece of my hair. "Do you mind if I do it?"

"Louis-san.." I smiled.

~

Ema and I stepped through the doors where Papa and Miwa were getting ready. They turned and saw us, in our beautiful new dresses and hairstyles. Louis had done a long side braid on my hair, leaving my bangs. Ema had her hair down, only the sides clipped back, also wearing her bangs. I wore everything Miwa and Papa had sent me, even the pearl necklace. Ema wore a beautiful pink dress, with sleeves and it went down to her knees. She also wore a scarf and a bit of makeup. Papa looked at us in disbelief. "You look so different, I almost didn't recognize you!"

"Today lucky or unlucky aspect is-! I mean-!" Ema stuttered. I put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile. "Well, well, well, girls are the best after all!" Miwa said. "Thank you for the dress," I smiled. "It's beautiful."

"Thank you!" Ema said. I guess she was still a little nervous. "They're beautiful. I'm glad we chose these dresses after all, right?" She asked, looking at my father. "Ah, they're beautiful." He said.

"Ah! M-Miwa-san is also looking very beautiful!" Ema said. "Ah,'Miwa-san', from now on, I'd like you to call me 'Mama'."

"Hai!" We said. It hurt a tiny bit, but I knew my mother would want me to move on. Papa chuckled. "It's impossible so suddenly."

"Well, that's true as well. Anyways, let's get along from now on. Please take care of me!" Miwa said. "Hai!" Ema and I said in unison and smiled. We exited their dressing room as Ema said she would go meet up with everyone. I told her I would take a look around and stayed behind. I walked up and down the halls. I suddenly saw double doors with blue flowers on each side. I stepped inside as I saw a man standing at the chapel. He looked familiar..The door made a creaking noise as he turned to see me. He walked over to me until we were face to face. "Do you need something?"

"Ah, no-"

"This is supposed to be accesible only to relatives."

"I am a relative.."

"What?"

"Hiya~!" Tsubaki exclaimed. I turned to see eveyone standing there, including Ema. Everyone started complimenting me on how I looked as I blushed furiously. "You look extremely adorable!"

"Yes, it's fabulous."

"With that cuteness, you'll become the center of attention."

"Chi-chan is so cute."

"Onee-chan looks like a princess!"

I also recieved a "H-hey." from Yuusuke and a small gasp from a blushing Subaru.

"Hey!"

"Oh, look, Natsume is here~!"

"You're all doing this on purpose."

"We were exposed?"

"Explain. What is going on?" Natsume urged.

"Now I remember you!" I exclaimed. "I met you at the park on my birthday, when I was heading home."

"Ah, yes, I believe I remember you."

"This is Natsume, the brother of Azusa and I!" Tsubaki said, putting his arm around Natsume. "You know eachother?"

"Hai. We met at the park when I accidentally bumped into him."

"With him, you've met all of us."

"Our family of siblings is complete!" Wataru exclaimed.

~

"The wedding ceremony in the chapel was really amazing. I admire it!" Ema exclaimed.

"Yes, it was beautiful." I replied. Natsume was walking by when he saw me and stopped abruptly. I quickly stood up and bowed. "I'm sorry for what happened in the chapel."

"No, it was my bad," He said, turning to face me. "Oh, this my company buisness card, but it has my contact information on it. Since I am not living with you, if there's something you're worried about, tell me." He said handing me a small bright orange card. "Thank you." I smiled as I looked down at the card and gasped. "What's wrong?"

"This company makes Ema and I's favorite games."

"You play games?"

"Yes, like Zombie Hazard..."

"You play that?"

"Hey, just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I play with ponies and rainbows all the time." I winked. "But I did clear the series in a night. Sorry, don't mean to brag.."

"You must be pretty skilled to have finished the latest in the series. I'm happy to hear words like that. Thanks. Then, do you want a sample of the newest production in the series?"

"I-is that okay?"

"I don't mind. Hey, I'm sorry to ask you something so strange, but is there something going on with Subaru lately?"

"Did something happen?"

"I heard that he wasn't doing too good. He dropped as a starting member and couldn't concentrate on basketball."

"Eh?"

"If it's you who's living with him, I thought you might have some idea of what happened to him." He said as his cellphone started ringing. "A call from work...Sorry, I have to take this." He said, pressing 'answer' and walking away.

~

"And now to the bride and groom, please cut the cake!"

Ema took a picture of Papa and Mama cutting the cake. She also took several pictures of all out family members and I. I walked up to Papa and Miwa. "Congratulations," I bowed, holding my painting with a tarp over it, so they would not see it. "I made this for you as a wedding present..." I held out the painting to them as they took it and took off the tarp, unveilng the canvas. "I-it's beautiful..." Miwa said, tears already in her eyes. Papa looked at it with a proud smile. It was Papa and Miwa in front of the beach at sunset, staring at the waves. Miwa was leaning on Papa's shoulder as he put his arm around her in the painting. "It's magnificent! Arigato!" Miwa said, embracing me in her arms. I smiled and hugged her back. "Thank you for giving me the chance to have daughters." She whispered. She pulled back and smiled at me. "Miwa-san, let's take a picture!" Someone yelled. Miwa gave me one last Thank you before walking over to whoever called her. I went back to middle of the crowd where I spotted many of my siblings talk to friends or family. I spotted Subaru-san leaning on a tree by himself. His eyes landed on me as he walked over. "Can we talk a little while?"

"Sure." I said as we walked to a garden, where nobody else was. We went to the center where there was an arch with a small bench in the middle. I sat on the bench as Subaru stayed standing and turned away from me. "It's about my birthday." My eyes widened, remembering Jace's departure and us laying on the grass outside. "Um, please don't worry about that anymore!"

"Eh?" He spun around to face me. "I already stopped worrying about that!"

"Ah, no, please let me apologize properly. I'm sorry. I've never thought of you or Ema as being troublesome. Please believe me."

"Hai, don't worry."

"I-I'll see you later."

I went back to the main area where everyone was. Miwa threw the bouquet of flower as I suddenly caught them. My eyes widened and I quickly tossed them at Ema. "Congratulations, it's decided. You're going to be the next bride! Should I make a reservation?" Tsubaki said jokingly.

"Tsubaki, let's leave that for another time."

"Eh? When is 'another time'?"

"Hai, hai, let's leave that there for today."

"Well, formally, once again," Masaomi began. "This place may not be the right time." Ukyo continued.

"It feels a little awkward, but..." Yuusuke said with a smile. "These are our feelings." Iori said.

"Welcome to the Asahina family!" They all said in unison. Ema and I smiled and hugged everyone. Everyone continued enjoying the party as I went back inside and sat on the fancy couch. "Are you enjoying the party?" Ema asked. I smiled and replied, "Of course." Ema sat down next to me. "Hey, Ana, I wanted to tell you something."  "Yes?" 

"I know it's a little superficial, but I'm joining a pageant."

"A pageant?"

"Hai. Erica convinced me to do it." Erica was Ema's bestfriend, who absolutely despised me. I smiled. "That's great Ema, it'll get your self esteen up if you win."

"Well, um.."

"What?"

"I was wondering if you could join too..."

"What?! Why me? I hate pageants!"

"Please! Ana!"

"Why should I?"

"Because I need to beat a rival, so it's either you or me."

"Who's the rival?"

"Takami Asuli." I pondered at the thought. Me, in a pageant? "I don't know.."

"I beg you, Onee-chan." Ema said, looking up at me with pleading eyes. "Fine, but you owe me big time, Ema." Ema cheered and clapped. "Yay! We'll win for sure." Ema left as i put a hand on my forehead and wondered what on Earth I had gotten myself into. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much, I'll have the next chapter out soon(: Comment what you think/who Ana should end up with.