Chapter 3: The Prince's Plan

Eric's POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Ariel...

   Such a beautiful name Ariel is. A beautiful name belonging to a beautiful girl. A beautiful girl with fiery bright red hair,  limpid oceans for eyes, and a voice that could make sinner become saint. But such a beautiful name belonging to a beautiful girl must come with a curse.

   A slimy tail flicked back and forth happily in between my legs as I held the girl in my arms. Her tail. My enchanting Ariel is a mermaid. A mermaid who had saved my life only but two days ago. A  mermaid who haunted my dreams and my conscious state of mind. A mermaid whom I have only just confessed my undying love to and who has confessed her love for me back. 

   Everything is moving so fast...

   But I did not care. This creature of the sea that I cradled in my arms as I floated above the water was indeed the object of my affection. She is the one for me, the only one. I will not have another. I am forever under the mermaid Ariel's spell...

   What caused me to fall under her spell though? I wonder. Was it her stunning eyes that captured mine when I saw her on the beach? Or perhaps it was her voice that had brought me back to life that day I was rescued?  Or...

   Or the kiss...

   Oh God that kiss! Out of pure impulse I had tilted her head up so that her lips would be mine in a tender kiss. A kiss that had turned out to be much more passionate from my perspective than I would have anticipated. But she kissed me back with the same amount of passion and longing as though it would be the last kiss she would ever receive.

   But it won't be now will it?

   No definitely not. I will assure that Ariel's lips will never break free from mine as long as I live. Even now as she buries her petite face into my chest I long for the taste of her lips. A sweet taste that reminded me of the nostalgic times when I went to beach as a boy. A sweet taste that I craved for like a hungry shark with its helpless pray only a single inch away from it. I cannot resist...I gulped.

  No. I can fight my male urges. I mustn't scare her away...

   I suddenly felt Ariel squirm slightly in my arms and I released my embrace. My heart burst in my chest when she looked up at me with a blushing face of love and lust. I could feel parts of me tighten.

   Please Ariel do not look at me that way. You will only continue to torture me further...

"Eric?"

   The small, sheepish murmur passed over her lips like a silent ghost that only I could hear. My heart clenched once more.

"Ariel," I began.

"Yes Eric?"

   I placed my hands on her scrawny wet shoulders. My heated face became serious.

"I would like for you to come and live with me in the castle," I suddenly declared.

   Dear God I must be mental...

Ariel blinked in surprise for a few moments then spoke. "Eric I would love, more than anything, to reside with you in the castle, but I believe you are forgetting something."

   She gestured in shame at her bright green tail that drooped in a melancholy fashion now in the water.

   Oh God I am such an insensitive man! How could I have forgotten already that she was a mermaid?! I internally cursed myself. Damn you Eric. She needs water and quite frankly there is no ocean in your castle. You moronic son of a bitch.