Chapter 4 - The Secret Love

Scarlet:

It had been a few days since the incident with Harry, Ron and Ginny, but we were now all speaking to each other again. I hated being mad at them, but they could try a bit harder.

'Hey Ginny can I talk to you about something?' I asked. I needed to tell someone about how I felt about Draco and seeing as Ginny was my best friend, it made sense that I told her. I knew she would probably disapprove but there wasn't anyone else I could think of telling. Apart from Neville, but he already knew about it.

'What?' she asked. I knew she still felt bad about what she had said the other day.

'Ok, well the thing is...' I started to tell her, trailing off as I wondered how best to phrase it. 'I like someone. And I mean really like someone, not just a stupid school girl crush.'

'Right?' She replied. I knew that she knew were I was going with this and who I was talking about but she didn't say anything so I decided to carry on.

'And what If I wanted to tell them, but was scared about how people would react. Scared about how my friends would all react.' I said, not even trying to be subtle.

'Look Scar,' she said turning to me looking very serious. 'We all know how much you like Draco, and even though we're not his biggest fan we will always support your decisions.'

'Like you did the other day?'

'Yeah, sorry about that.' She said sheepishly, running a hand through her hair and avoiding eye contact with me. 'Harry and Ron will probably take a while to get used to it, but you know how they are. Although you couldn't have picked anyone worse if you wanted their approval.' She laughed.

'I know,' I laughed back. Harry and Ron probably wouldn't accept anyone I wanted to date anyway.

'Thanks Ginny,' I smiled at her. She smiled back.

'So when are you going to tell him?' She asked me, overly excited. She no longer seemed to care that it was Draco who I liked and just liked to talk and gossip about boys.

'I'm not sure. I'm meeting him tomorrow.' I told her.

'Are you two going to Hogsmeade together?'

'No. I'm not sure what we're doing actually. He just told me to meet him.'

'You have to tell him.' I'm pretty sure she was more excited about this than I was. 'You have to tell him that you like him,' she repeated.

'Ok I'll tell him.' I replied and she shrieked happily. 'On one condition.' I added.

'What?'

'You tell Harry how you feel about him.'

If she was trying to set me up with Draco then the least I could do was set her up with Harry. It had been almost two years since she'd told me and who knows how long she liked him before that. Probably since the day she first met him.

'Scar. That's not fair. You know I can't do that.'

'You have to or I won't tell Draco.' I said, although it wasn't true, I was planning on telling him regardless. I didn't fancy waiting a day longer.

'Eeurgh!' She sighed at me.

'Deal,' I held out my pinky finger. She wrapped hers around it.

'Deal.'

'What are you two doing?' Harry asked walking towards us, with Ron.

'Nothing,' we replied simultaneously, laughing.

'Girls,' Ron muttered then walked off.

'Bye,' Harry said waiting behind for a second as Ron walked out of the common room. He walked over to the sofa and dropped a small piece of parchment in front of Ginny. She picked it up read it then turned to him and nodded. They both grinned stupidly at each other for a minute, before Harry disappeared out of the common room, following Ron.

'What?' I asked Ginny who was still smiling. She showed me the piece of parchment.

Wanna go to Hogsmeade with me tomorrow?

Harry x

'This is perfect. You can tell him tomorrow.' I squealed in excitement.

'And you can tell Draco.' We both laughed.Secretly I was nervous about tomorrow, but if everything went as planned, Iknew it was going to be a great day.