The Blue Eyed Girl

Wednesday, March 14th, 2012

Dear Diary,

   It is easier, now that she is dead, to not envy the blue eyed girl. I can go through my day and not worry about seeing her face. Her beautiful face. She had long thick hair flowing down her back like sun beams, each individual strand catching the light and casting tiny rainbows haloing around her head. Her skin was perfect; a pale creamy porcelain like she was a painting of a queen in Old Europe. Her clothes were amazing. She never wore the same thing twice, and I should know. I watched her every day. I also found out that she came from a rich family with her parents still together, and two brothers and one sister. And, of course, her eyes. They were a stunning, pure blue like you were looking into a calm, unmoving ocean. They sparkled when she talked, making everybody around her feel instantly happy. And the one time she looked at me, it felt like she was staring right into my undeserving soul.

   She was the polar opposite of me. I have dull brown hair that sticks out in all the places where it isn't plastered to my head. My skin is an unhealthy milky color with various types of scars in random places all over my body from a childhood that will haunt me forever. My clothes are literally rags. If any fashion designer saw me, they would willingly find the nearest cliff find hurl themselves off of it. And worst of all, my eyes.They are lifeless, full of sorrow and regret. I am so disgusted by my eyes that I havn't looked in a mirror for three years. I couldn't even tell you what color the are.

   If you were intelligent enough to notice, you would know that I have taken everything i said about the blue eyed girl and compared it to myself. If you were even smarter (which I doubt you are) you would have noticed that the only thing I didn't compare was our families. That is because my family is a horror story, and I need to see if i can trust you before I say anything about them.

   Anyway, I've thought it over long and hard, and I have finally figured it out. Envy is the reason that I killed the blue eyed girl.