Chapter 3

------

As I drove around the sunny small town i took note of the shops and restaurants surrounding me, I drove over to a parking lot and jumped out of the car. It was exploring time.

I put my phone and debit card into my back pocket and began to walk down the street.

Did everyone around her own a pair of rollerblades? What the hell.

I walked along the street looking in the windows of the stores and ignoring the stares from passers by and shaking off the wolf whistles from the groups of boys who clearly thought they were something special.

I rounded a corner and stopped dead as I spotted the most amazing skirt I had seen since at least last Thursday.
Bingo. My first day at school outfit was sorted.

I opened the door to the store and picked up the skirt, it was short and shiny, made out of soft silky material it was a dark black colour with a small buckle at the back. I sifted through the other racks of clothes until I found a white cropped top with a funky neck line that was low enough to emphasise the girls, but not low enough to look trashy.

I paid for the purchases and left the shop, crossing the road to a small café. As I walked in I noticed there was a small bookshelf in the corner with magazines and books stacked messily. I grinned and selected a random book and stuffed it under my arm as I joined the tail end of the line.

I ordered a large black coffee and turned to find a seat, as I all but nose dived into the book eagerly, I loved to read but rarely got the chance to back home due to my busy social life.
But a busy social life was hardly an issue here.

Once I was few pages in I had decided it wasn't really my cup of tea, however the shop had gotten busier and instead of pushing my way towards the bookshelf again and possibly loosing my seat, I preserved with reading the sloppy romance.

A small tap on my shoulder pulled me out of my reading bubble, I turned my head towards a pretty girl with light skin and blonde hair pulled into a high pony tail.

"Hi," The girl smiled sheepishly, "Could I sit here, everywhere is full"

"Of course" I smiled back gesturing to the empty seat opposite from me.

"Romance novel, huh?" She asked raising her eyebrow at the book in my hand.

"False advertisement" I grinned back at her, pointing to the picture on the front of a young girl clutching her hat in a sporty looking car.

"They always are" She grinned back.

We settled into an easy conversation revolving around books and gradually we got onto introductions.

Grace was 17 like me and was attending my new school, she had lived here all her life and was extremely easy to get along with.
This was strange for me, usually girls didn't want to speak to me much, let alone be my friend for genuine reasons. They usually make snap judgements on how I look and decide that I'm a bitch who would steal their boyfriend or something. It worked the other way too, and some just simply used me to get closer to a boy who I was friends with.

For the first time in a while, I felt like someone actually just wanted to be my friend, and it was nice.

We swapped cell numbers as she left the shop, she hurriedly shouted over her shoulder that she would text me due to her being late for her shift at work.

I waited a second before returning my book and clearing my table and decided to go back to Ally's.

As I pulled up I noticed the boy's cars were all still there, minus Tyler's, I guess he just went home after dropping me off.