RIP Wes

• Dedicated to Wes Leonard

I am super exited because today is February 1st. Heart month!! CHD month/week.

Dear Wes,

Hi, my name is Rachel and I am a CHD survivor. You were on national news a few years ago. I learned you had gone to see Jesus on a basketball floor during a game. I had no idea who you were yet I balled my eyes. They said stuff about your heart and you died of it. But you really did not know you had heart problems or CHD. I was really exited to hear my school was doing a basketball game in your memory. But also raising awareness and money for more heart disease and CHD research to save more lives and prevent them as well. That amazing. I wish I could have known you in person. All I have herd was fantastic things about you. Not just from the TV and online but I got the privilege to meet an uncle of yours. He came to the rafael table I was at and I said hi and I am Rachel and the money tonight goes to the Was Leonard heart Foundation for research for children with CHD. He smiled at me and thanked me for it and I told him my story and a bit on my life and what God has done through me. He said he was honored to meet me and encouraged me to keep fighting and Never give up. I never forget that night Wes. It was amazing, I learned more about you then what was said. The only great things I learned I Will keep to myself but I never forget. You really were a wonderful person Wes. You were and are loved by lots and lots of people.

I wanted to let you know my thoughts and feelings.

From

A CHD SURVIVOR

Rachel.