IV. Roses

When Killua came back from the bathroom, I couldn't even meet his eyes, causing his brow to crease with worry.

Kurapika nudged me hard in the ribs. "O-Ow." I whined and he shot me a look that said your-feelings-are-written-on-your-face-idiot.

Well gosh. I huff. Not my fault.

  Killua tugged on my shirt and I turn to face him, finding a pout formed on his pale lips.

  Crap. He's so cute! I blush.

  Another hard nudge, this time in my back. I jolt.

"U-Um, sorry Killua! I was just thinking about your brother." Good save. "I just don't want you getting into trouble cause of me."

Killua waved a hand in dismissal, climbing on top of my bed and pointing to the tv.

I laugh. "Alright, alright. We'll put a movie on. Help me make the popcorn and snacks, Leorio. Kurapika, pick a movie and put it on."

  Despite my older friend's complaints, I tug him down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Stop complaining." I hiss.

  "I wanted to pick a movie though." Leorio complained and I rolled my eyes. For someone three years older than me, he was pretty childish.

  "You can pick the next one." I start digging through the cupboards for a big bowl to put the popcorn in. "Find the popcorn and make it."

  By the time we were done and heading up the stairs, we had a big bowl of popcorn, a plate full of s'mores stuff, a bag of chips and a carton of sodas. This was my first sleepover so I wanted to go all out.

  "Special delivery!" I chirped as I pushed my bedroom door open with my foot. At the sight of all the snacks, Killua's eyes sparkled while Kurapika's widened in shock.

  "We're eating all that?!" He exclaimed, tutting his tongue afterwards. "You're begging for cavities."

"I don't get cavities!" A widened smile stretched across my face from ear to ear, revealing my perfectly aligned white teeth.

He just rolled his eyes and caught the soda Leorio tossed at him before settling down in one of the bean bag chairs in my room. The movie Jurassic World was on it's main menu on the screen of my tv.

"Killua helped me picked it out." Kurapika explained before I could even ask.

Killua beamed at me and I couldn't help, but to smile lovingly at him, as I climbed up onto my bed and sat cross legged next to him, bowl of popcorn and plate of s'mores in front of us. Leorio was hogging the chips. Not that I minded, because the entirety of my focus was on Killua. The way the small dimples indented into his cheeks whenever his smile grew too wide. The way the tiny freckles sprinkled on his nose became more prominent when he wrinkled his nose cutely. It simply took my breathe away.

"Gon?" Kurapika's voice snaps me back to the present.

"Y-Yeah?"

"I asked you if you're ready for me to push play." He frowned.

  "O-Oh! Y-yeah! Totally...ehehe..."

  Kurapika kept frowning at me suspiciously before turning around to start the movie. I let out a sigh. I knew this would be brought up again later.

  But for the meantime, I tried focusing on the movie, but as soon as it started, Killua clutches my arm, blue eyes wide as they fixate onto the screen. I couldn't suppress my smile at that. He really was like a child, despite being fourteen years old. He was much like me in that aspect. That's what Mito-san loved about me. That I didn't grow up too fast or too slow. It's no fun being completely grown up.