Chapter 1

Jake's POV(AKA point of view)
The school bell rang, signifying that first period was about to start. The sound of lockers slamming faded into the sound of tons of feet heading to class and the sound of voices calling to friends. As usual, I was not a part of the crowd.

I sighed, checking my watch, and then looking down the hall. I was currently leaning against my locker, waiting for John Vasquill, my best friend. For the third time this week, he was late, also making me late, as I waited for him in the mornings.

John had it hard at home. His dad left the family when he was ten years old, leaving his mom with the duty of raising two boys and one girl. Their family was short on money, so John helped his mom by taking odd jobs around town. He also had to bring his younger sister to school everyday, making him late for school.

Two minutes later, a curly, browned headed tall boy ran down the hallway towards me. He yanked open his locker, grabbed a few books, slammed it, and took off running again. I followed, and we reached our classroom in record timing. We slipped inside, and silently took our seats, hoping not to be noticed. Unluckily for us, our teacher had hawk-like eyes.

"Vasquill! Troy! This is your third time being late to my class this week. I would've thought that after your first time you would've learned!" She sighed and gave us a stern look, and I mumbled something that I hoped sounded like a sincere apology while John looked at his desk. "On a happier note, our school has received a new and dedicated student!"

I scanned the room, trying to find the new kid. Not noticing anyone, I turned my attention back to the teacher. "I would like you all to meet Alexandra. Alexandra, please come up here."

A pretty girl with light, blonde hair in a long braid down her back. She was slightly shorter than me, and walked with confidence to the front of the classroom. As the class watched her, a note landed on my desk. I unfolded the paper and read it.
Hi Jake! I know you probably have never noticed me before because I am not that popular. I still like you a lot, and I'm really pretty, so wanna hang out on Friday? I'm free! We can ditch school and have lunch and get to know each other! ;) <3
~Sarah

I rolled my eyes and crumpled up the note. All of the girls think that I will go out with them just because they are "pretty" or because they are "popular".

The new girl, I mean, Alexandra, was sitting down and our teacher told us to get out our books and flip to page 345. I slumped in my seat, ready to take on forty-five minutes of extreme boringness, when John flicked my shoulder.

"Hey," he whispered,"see the new girl? What do you think of her? Date-worthy?" I playfully shoved him.

"Only you would think of that right now." The teacher heard us talking and yelled at us to stop. Needless to say, I was in a bad mood for the rest of the class.

    Hey! I finally added the first chapter of this! (Darn school) I really hope you enjoying it and will read my other books, The Other Side of Me and My Life As Ham. 'Night!
    -Macaroni