2-Lex

Lex's POV:
|||

I sobbed shortly as I held onto my knees, covering my mouth to keep in any other sounds.

I had woken up in a large van, Marcus and Alex unconscious, and with a man glaring at me from a seat.

He was wearing the same things that he had been when I last saw him, a mask that looked similar to an owl that covered the top half of his face, and a black mask that covered the lower half.

He wore mostly blacks and grays, with fingerless clothes on his quite massive hands.

He simply stared at me, not speaking. His large arms were crossed as he watched me cry.

I sniffled and wiped my eyes furiously to stop my tears as I looked away from him.

I held onto Marcus's limp hand, finding temporary solace in the fact that he was with me.

"Hey." I jumped as the man spoke, looking up quickly.

"Y-yes?" I squeaked nervously. His jaw tightened at my frightened state, and his slate colored eyes narrowed.

He was silent for a moment before he looked away, cursing lowly.

"I-I don't know how to say this," he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, looking away almost awkwardly.

He looked back at me, his eyes glancing over my shivering and sniffling form. He looked so dwarfed in the way of his massive bulk in the tight truck, looking awkward and nearly innocent, as if he hadn't jabbed a needle into my neck when we first met.

"We aren't the bad guys," he said, "even though you probably think that we are."

I stared at him as if he had grown another head, my fist gripping at Marcus's hand.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he rose a hand to silence me.

"I'm not done, freckles," he said shortly. I muffled a snort at the nickname.

"We took you with us because we... We needed another batch of people." He said, "people that could handle what we want to do."

I stiffened up, "and what is that?" I asked, feeling terror well up in my throat.

He seemed to smirk, "that isn't for you to know." He said, "but, I can tell you, that by the end of this, you will know who are the good guys."

I stared at him, opening my mouth to speak at him, but the truck came to a halting stop, causing me to tumble forward a bit with a yelp.

The man stood and grabbed me roughly by the arm, lugging me up before he tightened a pair of handcuffs on my wrists and a blindfold over my eyes.

"Stay still, Lex." He whispered huskily into my ear as he led me out of the truck.

I shivered, sobbing again as fear bubbled up in my body again. What were they going to do to me? To us??

My thoughts were cut off as a blast of warm air and the sound of a metal door sliding open filled he air, making me flinch at the noise.

The man shoved me inside, not caring as I stumbled a bit, and led me down what seemed to be a long hallway.

The air smelled like a hospital, and I couldn't help but cringe at the smell.

I always had hated hospitals. They felt full of medicine and death..

I was stopped a moment later, and the sound of a door unlocking sounded before my handcuffs were taken off, and I was shoved forward.