Chapter 3- The Loft

[A/N: Hey Everybody!! Thank you so much for being patient with me, and reading on! YEEAAH!! The song down below is Late Morning Lullaby by the one and only Brandi Carlile. Please Vote, Comment and Fan!! And to show my appreciation I will dedicate the next chapter to the first person who comments, (I will be doing this till the end of the story, dedicating each chapter to someone different every time) but note, I can only dedicate my chapters to followers (not my rule, Wattpad has a weird system), so don’t forget to press that yellow-orange ‘Follow’ button!! Alright Lets Read!]

Chapter 3- The Loft

After several hours of walking and trying to find the address on the back of the ‘No Smoking’ sign, Kory crouched and sat at a bench for a bus stop.  Being on her own had resulted a lot harder than she had expected, and she could only of had imagined how worse it could have been, had Benny not approached her.

The Sun was going down, and darkness was beginning to spread throughout the city. If she wanted to find the address before nightfall she had to hurry up and get moving. She stopped to ask a man selling hot dogs for directions, and to her amusement the place Benny had instructed her to go to had been right under her nose all along.

Kory summed up all her courage and knocked on the door waiting patiently for it to be opened. When it was, she began regretting ever knocking. A large man in his mid-thirties, with sleeved tattoos opened the door, and if anybody’s face had ever scared Kory it was his.

“Can I help you?” His right eyebrow raising

“Um yes, um well you see, I’m looking for Andrew? Benny sent me, with this” She pulled out the money

“Benny sent you? That girl hasn’t been around here in a while, and last time she was here, she broke my favorite chair. MY FAVORITE CHAIR DAMMIT!” His loud voice attracted a girl from inside. Her dark hair was pulled in a bun and unlike the man counting the money she seemed approachable.

“What’s going on here?” she smiled

“Benny sent this chick, she needs a place” The man snorted

“Well what are you waiting for baby?! Let her in! Don’t be rude!” she said playfully smacking his arm. He grabbed Kory’s bag and the girl opened her arms to Kory in a heartfelt embrace.

“Andrew here can seem mean, but he’s really just a softy with a bit of a grouch in him, my name’s Selena and that guy watching the game with his dirty feet on my precious coffee table is Dylan. DYLAN GET YOUR FEET OFF MY TABLE!!” She yelled

Kory examined her surrounding the loft was big enough for a large group of maybe 10-20 people. The decorations were simple and very cabin like, but Kory found them appealing.

“The rooms are upstairs, let me show you” Selena pulled Kory towards some stairs that curved. Once upstairs Selena showed Kory her room and the bathroom.

Kory’s room was simple consisting of a bed a table and a chair.

“Rent is at the beginning of the month, no exceptions, I understand if you’re having trouble finding work at the beginning, but try to contribute as much as you can around here, or I won’t be able to stop Andrew from kicking you out. Don’t bring drugs or any illegal stuff into this home, nothing that could involve cops, or I’ll personally have to ask you to leave, aside from that, you should be alright. You must be tired so get some sleep” Selena got up and winked at her, leaving Kory alone.

As Kory laid on the very old and squeaky mattress. She couldn’t help but think of her foster parents and siblings, and wondered whether they had realized she was missing.

The old pillow Kory laid her head on may had been the most used pillow on the face of the earth. But to Kory it was the most soft and comfortable resting spot. With that, Kory closed her eyes and drifted to sleep.