Always Be a Gentleman

Always be a gentleman
they told me.
There I stood on the neglected and deserted road.This very road had a railways track that had been blocked off since 1942 beside it.The kaleidoscope of gleaming stars hung scattered in the sky.The gentle breeze of the night swayed in and out with the sound of the sinister,wailing wind to accompany it.

My mother had desperately entreated me to deliver her some of my prize-winning butcher's knives and so without further hesitation ;
I'd set off to her (although when I got lost-the knives became my only source of protection).I now wish I had asked mother if I could've postponed the delivery to tomorrow.Should I have done that,I wouldn't have had to deal with this troublesome dilemma right now.The surrounding atmosphere was shrouded by the ongoing mist circling it. Where was I and more importantly,how would I ever get home?

I hesitantly breathed in and out in attempts to relive myself from the reality of the towering trouble that I had walked straight into.As I despondently did so,a scrawny hand tapped my side.I clutched onto my serrated knife and turned around vigorously on the instant.There only a few feet away from me was a lanky woman,red face and red body in view.Without good lighting,I couldn't study her features very closely.

She walked forward,somehow she was