Chapter 17

Dedicated to: LoveHeartLane

"You're leaving?" I asked him furrowing my eyebrows. This couldn't right. I must have heard him wrong, he wouldn't leave me here.

"For a little while, yes. But I promise to come back," Elijah said but that didn't make me feel any better.

He is my best friend, the first time he was daggered by his brother and tookin away it almost killed me. I didn't know what to do. All I did was lay there kind of in a daze, every conversation seemed boring. The normal drama was pushed aside as long as I could watch another episode or movie.

I know I shouldn't let someone have that much power over me. But I always missed him when he was gone.

He is the only person I could rant to about my problems an know he won't tell anyone else.

I could listen to his stories for hours.

I knew where his past love was buried.

I knew so much about him and he knew so much about me.

He knew about all my hopes and fears.

He knew how to calm me down when I was having a break down.

He is the only person for the past 5 years I have let see me cry.

He is my best friend. This didn't feel right. Him leaving doesn't feel right.

"I did some things I am ashamed of. I need to get away from this town, away from it all." He stroked the side of my face and I didn't realize i was crying until he brushed away a tear. "I will miss you though. Please, do not cry." Him saying this only made me cry harder. A sob jolted my body and I could feel an ache start to grow in my chest.

I moved closer and wrapped him a hug so tight he let out a small grunt of surprise.

"I don't care if you did things that hurt other. I don't care about what you did. You did them to save your family. I would do the same. I have done the same. I know this town is a little messed up. I know that the people here are dramatic and like to make entrances. I know that this place is not perfect. I know. I know. I know. I know. And I understand." I said letting out a shaky breath. "I understand. I understand that you need time, you need space." He went to pull away from the hug but i held on tighter not letting go. "But please come back, you may hate yourself, but I couldn't imagine my life with out you in it. Please." I said and i know my voice sounded pathetic. But I couldn't care less.

"Of course I'll come back. I have to come get you sometime." He said. " are you going to let me go any time soon?" He joked.

"Just a little longer." I mumbled against his chest trying to breathe him in while I can. He held me tighter which only made me not want to let go more. "I'll miss you." I said and finally pulled away from him to wipe my eyes of tears. When I looked up I saw a small tear run down his cheek but he brushed it aside quickly and opened the door to his car.

"I'm going to miss you too. But I will be back." He said and I nodded. I was the last person he needed to say good bye to. Most of the time I was the first person he informed. But he knew our goodbye would be the longest.

My phone ringed and I answered the phone with out looking at the caller id.

"Helllo?" I asked placing it to my ear.

"Sup OOOlivia" Damon said and I rolled my eyes.

"I seriously want to kill who ever gave you my number."

"Well that's a little harsh isn't it?" He asked sarcastically. I didn't really feel like arguing with him right now. Or doing something for him that would most likely end in with me getting hurt or killed.

"Whatever Damon." I mumbled.

"You alright there Oli?" Damon asked and for once in his life i think he was actually concerned in my well fare.

"If i was any better I would jump of a cliff." I said trying to sound cheerful as possible.

"Did you see what I left you on your bed?" He asked and I shook my head until i realized he couldn't see me.

"No, but I'm heading inside right now. I swear if this is some weird Damon Salvatore joke..."

" No joke. Just go look." He said and I walked up the stairs. "Could you walk any slower."

"I don't have Vampire speed."

"That could be arranged." He suggested and I was tempted to hang up.

"Shut up Damon."

I opened the door to see a thing of strawberries with melted chocolate in a container for me to dip them in. 

"Thank you. This was very nice of you."

"You did good. I did promise after all. Enjoy." He said and hung up. I threw the phone down on my bed and laid down while picking up the strawberries and chocolate.

"I will enjoy."

I don't know why but I cried writing this chapter. I'm so pathetic. :'(