If Meiko Only Knew...

Okay, I do not own Meiko or Kaito or any of the other Vocaloids (sadly). I might write some more MeikoXKaito later if people like this...

*-xOxOx-*

Meiko stumbled downthe hall, beer bottle in hand, hitting her head on the wall a few times. Only five beers with three shots of tequila and whole bottle of sake and her vision was blurred and her depth perception was way out of wack. This was the third night this week she had gotten smashed off her ass, but she felt good.

She stooped in Rin and Len's doorway and watched them sleep. They looked so peaceful and inoccent while they were sleeping. How Meiko loved those two. They weren't afraid to show affection like she was. She was... proud of them. Rin must have had another bad dream, as she had climbed into bed with Len with tears still in her eyes. Meiko smiled, but felt a sickness growing within her.

She continued down to Miku's room. Miku slept in her surrounded by stuffed animals, snoring lightly. Her green hair flowed out and down off the edge of of her bed and onto the floor. Meiko sometimes disagreed with Miku, but she could never hate her. She was just too lovable. She remembered one time when she had been bullied at school, and she had beaten the crap out of the bullies for her when she came home crying with a bloody nose.

Meiko felt a gush of vomit rising up her throat and filing her mouth. She ran down the hall and into the bathroom, kneeling down in front of the toilet and as a mixture of digested food and and alcohol flew from her mouth. She hauled herself off the ground and wiped the corner of her mouth with her arm warmer.

She walked back out into the hallway and down to Kaito's room. Looking down at the bed, she realized Kaito wasn't there. She stumbled in and collapsed onto his bed. She dropped the beer bottle -- which shattered on the ground, echoing throughout the house-- pulled the sheets closer to her, inhaling to take in Kaito's scent. The smell if roses and aftershave never got old.

Meiko really liked Kaito. He always helped her when she was in need, and helped her calm down when she was about to go on a rampage. So many times had he picked her up off the ground when she was either drunk or in tears. He was always so kind, especially to Miku. That had to be why she tended to pick fights with the green haired girl. Jealousy.

"M-Meiko? What are you-" Kaito noticed the beer bottle Meiko had dropped on the floor and knew the answer. "Here, let me help you." He walked over to her and offered a hand. Instead, Meiko grabbed hold of Kaito's scarf to get up. She allowed him to pick her up and carry her to her room, like he had so many times before.

Posters lined the Wallace of Meiko's room. Most were of herself, others of Alice of Human Sacrifice, and Prince of Darkness. The walls were-- of course-- painted red, but the carpet she loved to stomp on when she was angry was a dark blue. The room had a single window painted green with yellow curtains. Just a little bit of each memeber of her family.

Kaito placed Meiko down on her heart-shaped bed and turned to leave. But she grabbed hold of his long scarf and pulled him back over so that his face was inches from her own, the awful stench of vomit lingering on Kaito's face. She whispered in his ear, "You know I love you, Kaito Shion." She released his scarf before kissing the tip of his nose.

He was about to reply, but she had already fallen fast asleep. He laughed quietly and smiled. "I love you too, Meiko Sakine," he whispered back, thought he knew she couldn't really mean what she had said. He stood up and left, turning back to watch her sleep just a little longer.

If you only knew, Meiko...