Chapter. 1

Zip! I zip up my last piece of clothing, my lovely black jacket, only zipping it half way of course. I wore a Joy Division tee under it with a short black skirt and boots that stop slightly under my knees. I bring my focus from my boots to my face which causes a slight groan from my mouth. Pale, but not too pale more of a natural pale, my lips are slight pink, I smile in the mirror to check out my lips some more then do an 'O' with them. I then relax them, I bring my focus onto my green eyes. Then I look at my hair and let out another groan. I hate my hair. It's a light blonde and choppy short. Stopping above my shoulders. The ends weren't even, even and it was majorly messy. I sigh. It used to be long and gorgeous until I went to this party and basically was drunk off my ass and this girl, Charlotte, offered to cut my hair and of course drunk me said, "Fuck it why not." Stupid, I know. Even more so that she was also drunk as fuck. I ran my fingers through my hair and frowned.

    I jump when I heard a knock on my door, "Let's go Em!" My older sister, whom I'm currently living with calls from the other side of the door. I look over to the clock on the wall. It's still early as hell. Well to me it was.

    "Not ready!" I yell back. I hear her grunt and I smiled at that. Oh the irritation of others. I hear her stomp off while I walk over towards the short dresser and grab my cigarettes, phone, and school bag that was laid on the dresser. I open my bag and shove my phone and cigarettes into it and then take out my leather make up case and grab my eyeliner and mascara. Simple but cute, I thought to myself. I walk over to my mirror and sit criss-cross and apply the make up. Once again I hear knocking.

"Emily! I swear to god if you're not ready-"

I cut her off, "Still not ready!" I smile as I apply the mascara. She tries turning the knob and it's of course locked. I smile again as I apply the eyeliner and smug it a bit. She begins to pound on the door. I yell, "Jesus Kenzie! Calm your tits." I seal the eyeliner and get up.

"You're late to school... Again! I'm sure Mom and Dad would be proud of you." She chuckles. I stuff my makeup back into my makeup bag and frown. I hate when she brings them up. I shove it into my bag roughly and stomp over to the door, unlocking it and swinging it open. Kenzie stands about 5 inches taller than me, damn me for being so short. I walk past her while shoving her into the wall.

"Asshole!" She yells behind me. I smirk.

***

I walk up to the hell called Washmore High that hold annoying little demons. I grip onto the door handle and swing it open, a little too rough I must add. I walk in and stop. I hear the door pound shut behind me. I spot Aidan, the schools "hot shot" or "player" also known as my friend, Zoe's brother. He's standing there talking to some blonde bimbo, she looks pretty old probably one of the teachers here in this hell hole. I smirk and roll my eyes. What a complete douche, I thought to myself as I headed for the office to get a late pass.

***

It's lunch now and here I am seated with my only good friend, Zoe. She's just sitting there staring at Carter, her crush. I don't know how Zoe can like him, everyone is complete shit around here. She brings her bright blue eyes towards me.

"How come you were late today?" She raises her eyebrows.

"You really have to ask that? I'm always late for no reason really. I just like pissing Kenzie off." I smirk devilishly. She just giggles. Zoe's adorable in my opinion. She's the same height as me but more petite, she has the most cutest baby face ever, her skin is pale and she has little freckles around her nose. Her eyes are bright, huge, and joyful. And her long light dirty blonde hair is really gorgeous, makes me jealous because my hair used to be that long. See, Zoe is a year younger than me and I'm basically like her older sister.