Diamesa

PROLOGUE

In a past era, a young widow who lived in the small, unknown village of Diamesa longed to have children. Because she remained faithful to her late husband and refused courtship from other suitors, she could not have children of her own. Every day, she pleaded the spirits for a miracle. Her faith to the spirits and her husband was so strong, the spirits took pity on her. One morning, three beautiful baby girls were delivered to her doorstep. Bemused but nonetheless overjoyed, the woman cared for these girls as her own.

            As the girls grew older, the woman discovered that her adopted children were no ordinary girls. They had the ability to control the elements. Upon this realization, the woman was motivated by her strong sense of justice to train her daughters into supernatural warriors to protect Diamesa in the midst of war. Her eldest daughter outshone her sisters in ability and beauty, and the woman subconsciously favored her.

            One day, the village was raided by a large army of soldiers. Overwhelmed by the number of opponents, the woman's daughters died defending Diamesa. Heartbroken, the woman wept for days, begging the spirits once more for mercy. She thought of her eldest daughter, praying that her reincarnation would be blessed and protected from once again experiencing such a tragic end. The spirits once again complied. However, if one was to receive blessings, another must receive suffering.

            And so the world is waiting for the three girls to be reborn. Some wish for them to return to Diamesa. Others wish to use their powers for their own gain. No one, however, expected how things would truly unfold.