Welcome to the Nerd Side

Hi, I've been bored in quarantine. I started writing this story in 2017 and got up to the 6th or 7th chapter before quitting. But, since I've been stuck at home with nothing to do, I figured I'd finish it even though Camren is really dead. The entire story isn't that long and it was done pretty fast so it's not anything special. But, I did decide to change the titles of each chapter to something one of the characters would say in each chapter, like how Legacies names their episodes. Anyways, enjoy.

High school, I've heard many things about it.

The chaos, parties, games, flings, the whole shebang.

It's a combination of sweaty and hormonal teenagers stuck in an apocalyptic environment where the school system pins students against each other.

I thought that I would be okay in high school. After all, I had my best friends with me, Brad and Lauren. Ever since Mrs. Gomez's kindergarten class when my clumsy self spilled chocolate milk all over the two of them, we've been through thick and thin.

So when I stepped off the bus with Brad and Lauren on either side of me, I had my head raised high in confidence, staring at Reflection High and thinking that the three of us were going to survive this place together.

Oh how wrong I was.

"Whoa...." I trail off, glancing around the main hallway.

Brad smiles, opening his mouth to speak. "This is a-"

"Awesome!" I finish for him, throwing my hands in the air for emphasis.

Lauren rolls her eyes, slipping her own hand into mine and bringing it back down. "Calm down, Camz. It's just school."

I ignore the goosebumps running down my arm from her touch and shift my hair slightly to cover my flaming cheeks.

Brad eyes our entwined hands and raises an eyebrow at me, but otherwise does nothing. I always suspected that he likes Lauren. And I think he suspects that I like Lauren too. It's quite a predicament.

"I'm gonna try out for the football team!" Brad exclaims, seeing a couple rowdy jocks walking past us. "Next thing you guys know, I'm gonna be in a chicken jersey, scoring the winning touchdown, and getting all the babes." He hoots.

Lauren lets out a laugh at his ambitious dreams while I just roll my eyes. Brad may be my friend, but his oversized ego is something that I don't like to deal with.

The curly haired boy winks at Lauren for extra effect, making me hold back a scoff. Oh no he didn't.

"I'm gonna try out for cheerleading!" I shout out before I even know what I'm saying.

Brad and Lauren both look at me like I'm crazy.

"Mila, you can't even walk down the stairs without tripping over your feet. How the hell are you supposed to do all those tricks and flips?" Brad chuckles.

"Oh yeah? Watch me!" I exclaim. But inside, I was thinking of any possible way to back out. What did I just get myself into!?

"Well I believe in you." Lauren says.

A dopey grin makes its way on my face. "See!? Lolo believes in me!" I wrap my arms around her torso and rest my head on her shoulder, sending a fake glare at Brad.

Well, mostly fake.

I don't move, staying in the same position, sending Brad a message to back off.

"You didn't let me finish. I believe in you trying to do a cartwheel and landing on your face." Lauren snickers, making me pout.

"Oh come on!" I whine, lifting my head to look at the green eyed girl.