Scott and Isaac

Still no Stiles in this chapter, but he will be in the next one. Enjoy! Or not, considering... and remember, comments motivate me and make me want tI write more!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Scott was just sitting with Isaac in his room when they hear Derek run out of the loft. They don't think much of it at the time so they just go back to talking.

"Thanks for staying here instead of going to Stiles. I really feel like we need to hang out more." Isaac tells Scott with a slight blush on his cheeks.

"No problem, Isaac. Stiles sees me everyday in class, he can wait until tomorrow. It's not the end of the world. And besides, you did ask me first." Scott replies.

"True. But, did you notice how weird Stiles sounded on the phone? He sounded desperate." Isaac says.

"He always sounds weird, Isaac, he's Stiles. He didn't sound like he was in any trouble, just a bit sick. I'm not worried. If it was anything important he would have said something." Scott replies.

"Would he, though? This is Stiles we're talking about. He doesn't like to talk about what's bothering him. He could be dying, but he still wouldn't say anything if he thought it would be a hindrance on anyone." Isaac points out.

"Well it's a good thing he didn't sound like he was dying over the phone. Now, let's stop talking about Stiles and talk about something else." As Scott says this, they hear the roar of their alpha and run to find him. What they find is an alpha in despair, looking like his entire world is falling apart.

Scott moves like he wants to approach Derek, but Isaac stops him by grabbing his hand. Scott looks back at him and opens his mouth, but Isaac just shakes his head and motions for Scott to stay quiet. So the two boys just stand and watch their alpha, wondering what has him looking so broken.

When Derek starts to run, they follow him discreetly, trying to figure out where they are heading. When they arrive, Scott feels like throwing up and Isaac has to bite his tongue to stop himself from crying out in despair. What they see in front of them is Stiles, on a gurney, but that isn't the worst part. No, that would be how quiet the boy's heart is and how slow his breathing is.

Isaac can't hold back much longer and he turns to Scott and cries. He cries and cries, feeling like everything around him has fallen apart. But Scott. Scott stands there frozen with Isaac in his arms, unable to move. The only thought in his mind as he smells the sleeping medication that he thought Stiles had stopped taking and the alcohol, is that he could have stopped this. He could have saved his best friend, his brother.

'This is all my fault.' Scott thinks as he watches the ambulance pull out of the yard with Stiles in the back of it, fighting for his life.