Chapter 1:

A/n: Oh this chapter T.T it gave me problems i don't like it :p whatever. I hope you guys enjoy it and check out my Harry Potter Fan Fic The Forgotten Riddle while i attempt to write chapter two and the next chapter of TFR

Nicky's POV 

I walked out of the prison gates, four days later, with the clothes i walked in with on my back, an escort, and the response from my father in my hand. At the ebd of the prison drive, a yellow cab sat waiting for me. I climbed into the waiting car, and, after giving the driver the address to my condo (A condition in the divorce papers stated that she wasn't allowed to sell the house, she had signed it over to me and i now owned it completely), i sat back and reread the letter from my father.

'Dear Nicholas,

I was pleased to read that you would be released from prison. I do apologise for not visiting you, but, as you know, my health would not allow such a trip. Just know that you have been in my thoughts these last ten years. As for your brother, i can not speak for him. I can only hope that his wife, and his daughters, are behaving as young ladies should.

In regards to your question, I do know where Charlotte and Cara live. They moved to Bergen County shortly after your incarceration and they have been there ever since. I will give you their address when I recieve your call. I don't want you to just barge on over there, Nicholas. Take things slow, you cannot afford to be incarcerated again; the judge will not show leniancy again. I suggest sending Charlotte a message, somthing that will let her know that you are coming for her, not a threat, mind you, just a message. Something only she will understand. The restrainin gorder that was issued against you expired last year so you are perfectly within your rights to do that.

Please call me when you arrive home to discuss what you should do about Charlotte and Cara. Her new husband will be quite the obstacle.

Sincerely, 

Father'

I smiled and folded the letter, tucking it into my shirt pocket. My father was a good man. I knew he would help me get my wife back and i was not disappointed. A little while later,, the taxi pulled up in front of my condo. I paid the man with the little bit of money i had been given as I left prison, and i walked up the stairs to my front door. I turned my key in the lock and was met with a sad sight. 

"I see no one bothered to clean the place up after the incident," I scowled. The living room was a mess, there was a whole in the plaster next to the front door from where i ran into it, the glass coffee table that had shattered was gone, but blood stained the white sofa, and the carpet behind it was dark with Charlotte's blood. I swallowed in regret and walked further into the house, My bedroom was practically bear when i walked in. all the photos that had hung on the walls were stacked on the bureau with my things, and the bed was bare. I picked up a picture, smiling slightly. It was a photo from when we had gotton married. Charlotte was beaming, her hair fixed up and her beautiful dress round with Charlotte's baby bump. She looked so happy as she stood next to me, and I was equally happy.

I placed the frame back on the bureau and headed into Cara's room. The door was missing, probably removed after i had pulverized it witha meat tenderizer, replaced with a pink curtain. Cara's room was completely bare. Her toys, clothes, everything was gone. The onlything that remained was a few drawings that Cara had made me. Charlottte must have left them behind for me. I walked back into the kitchen and picked up the cell phone my father had left at the house so i could call him. 

I picked up the small cell phone and, just to see if it would work, dialled Charlotte's cell phone number. As expected, the number was disconnected. Sighing, i canceled the call and called my father to see if he had come up with a plan.